WANTED: Original short-bed 6' bed liner (JEEP or COMANCHE)

rynoshark

If you want it simply because it says Jeep, or Comanche there are options for you!
I use to do lots of custom interior, and body work. I have made more raised, and inset relief panels than I care to think of.
If your interested in a spray in bed liner, and have the same relief panels across the front wall that's fairly simple.
Raised relief is the simplest. Go on eBay, grab ya a 12x24in 3\16in thick piece of HDPE. I scribe my designs, then cut by hand, but the suggestion I make to first timers is to spend the money and buy the $20 decal for the tailgate. Put the decal on the HDPE, cut out the letters, use a sander to bevel the edges, spray adhesive, or 2 side tape to attach to the bed panel, then have the bed liner sprayed over top of it.
Instant raised relief custom bed liner!

8 hours ago, rynoshark said:

I'm looking for an original 6' short-bed liner that either says JEEP or COMANCHE, including lift gate piece.  Does anyone know which years the liner said JEEP and which said COMANCHE?  Thanks!

If it helps, the 6' liner in my '88 Eliminator says "Comanche". 

On 6/19/2018 at 2:08 AM, rynoshark said:

Does anyone know which years the liner said JEEP and which said COMANCHE?  Thanks!

I'm on the east coast, so I can't help you get one.  I'm chiming in with info.  I have a couple bedliners, and have seen a few others in yards.  I've only ever seen them read 'COMANCHE' in all caps and 'Jeep' or 'Pendaliner' in mixed case.  I've not seen 'Comanche' or 'JEEP' stamped on any, although they may very well exist.  Based on what I've seen, I think the earliest bedliners produced (85-87) likely were stamped 'COMANCHE' to match the emblem on the truck, and when that emblem changed, the bedliner likely changed to 'Jeep'.  I could see them still having bedliners being sold with trucks from the dealer stamped 'COMANCHE' maybe as late as 88 or 89 due to production runs.  Just guessing, though.  There's nothing out on the web about these.  The OEM for the bedliners was Pendaliner, and you will find Comanche-specific bedliners which are stamped 'Pendaliner', and not 'COMANCHE' or 'Jeep'.  I believe these were sold in the aftermarket, but absolutely use the same exact mold for both the liner and the tailgate cover as the OEM stamped bedliners, except the lettering.  And there were both over-the-rail and under-the-rail models produced.

Krptronic, fantastic info on the bedliners.  Yes, there seems to be very little documented about these.  Good to know about the Pendaliner connection.

When a truck had a bedliner and Sport roll/light bar, were holes cut into the bedline for the entire assembly or just the bolt holes?

1 hour ago, rynoshark said:

When a truck had a bedliner and Sport roll/light bar, were holes cut into the bedline for the entire assembly or just the bolt holes? 

There was discussion about that recently.  Nobody has ever seen it, and we don't think any truck ever came that way.  Check out the thread here:

• 3 weeks later...

Not trying to thread jack, but my 88 came with an under the rail "COMANCHE" and my 92 had the same but it was over the rail. Someone notched it though for chrome bed rails. I'm wondering if the over the bed style came into play in the H.O. years since that was the trend on all trucks if I recall around then before spray on liners really evolved.

On 7/8/2018 at 11:19 PM, saveevryjp1998 said:

Not trying to thread jack, but my 88 came with an under the rail "COMANCHE" and my 92 had the same but it was over the rail. Someone notched it though for chrome bed rails. I'm wondering if the over the bed style came into play in the H.O. years since that was the trend on all trucks if I recall around then before spray on liners really evolved.

I don't have my info with me, but I'd guess that both were offered for all years.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...