Shackle slider boxes(shackle eliminators)

11 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Is there any one running these or have experience with them? Pics would be great thanks.

Matt from Bleepinjeep put those on his MJ.  Hasn't given a full review on them yet but he has a video talking about them before install.  He may review them when he reveals the finished truck. 

Check on NAXJA, a few guys run them. Not a ton of info for them but I like the idea. So far from what I've heard the biggest downside is losing some departure angle and they can get hung up on rocks vs regular shackles. But the flex and overall streetability is a major improvement.  

I had them on a YJ I just sold and really like the ride (YJ's are leaf front and back with the front leaf mounted backwards) I am building another now and intend to use them again.

And when the MJ's suspension needs attention it will get a set as well

14 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

Thought it was Jeepspeed. At least the ones Liquid Iron makes.

The idea has been around since the 70s.  They were made for circle track racing originally.  They've just become trendy in some other applications in the last few years.

How do you know is it is less or more noisy than a shackle working in the same situation?

I think the noise is coming from the spring not the block?

My blocks I made myself out of a product call Delrin.....they lasted thousands of miles ( I pulled trailers with that rig) and were still looking good as I watched it drive down the road with it's new owner.

..and I have made blocks for slipper springs on 5000 lb trailer axles from a cutting board as well

Here is a Thread that talks about some on an XJ

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/leafspring-sliders-vs-shackle-142993/

1 minute ago, HOrnbrod said:

It looks like they would be a lot more stable than shackles for cornering at speed though...

Which is what it was intended for.

Most of them do not last that long on the street.  It's not like you will get 100K+ miles out of them like an OEM shackle.

Actually slipper springs were standard equipment on quite a few large trucks back in the day (before being utilized in dirt track and drag racing) and even today can be found on utility and heavy duty equipment trailers.

Search the inter-web there is an interesting read out there about how this type of set-up is superior to a shackle as it allows the spring to run in a true linear motion as intended....the shackle when revolving puts less/more/less stress on the spring as it moves through its half arc of travel.....with the slider the stress is smooth as it allow the spring to stretch out into a straight line......like I said linear

I seen the sliders on the bleepin jeep and thats why I brought this up. I think it will be a great setup. There is a reason why jeep speed racers use it. It seems like binding would hardly be an issue. The bushings are cheap and easy to replace. I pretty sure you can buy it in sheets and cut yourself. Servicing would be extremely simple. Many aftermarket companies use these bushings in the front linkage although I have not tried it there yet.

Like yxmj said, those blocks are made of delrin.  We used to produce parts made of delrin here at work until we found out what happens when it sits in a hot injection molding machine for a while.... The safety guy made us stop using it when the machine's feed throat made a nice big dent in the 30ft ceiling.. Anyway, from the experience I have with it, I see no reason it won't last quite a long time in this application.