Jump to content
HOrnbrod

New Windshield Washer Tank Installed

Recommended Posts

I was looking at a ZJ the other day that had a dual diaphram booster and saw that they have a washer bottle that I think would fit nicely in the hood compartment of our MJs and still allow us to have a DD booster. Anyone tried this or even looked at trying it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old washer bottle fits fine too if moved forward about an inch. But the whole purpose of using the new bottle inside the fender is to save space in the engine compartment. The ZJ bottle would still take up space IMHO. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad i was bored and thumbin thru the diy section. awesome idea, went and found a 97+ washer bottle and will be doin this shortly. thanks :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don, I searched the archives for this DIY remembering you had posted it. Would you be kind enough to provide some assistance on the wiring. My electrical knowledge is less than weak. I pulled the reservoir from a donor today. After removing the wiring and fluid hoses from the loomed harness, I'm lost.  I've not yet pulled the wiring and I'm not sure where it terminates. Please dumb it down for me if you will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just extended the positive and negative leads from both washer pump motors from the fender well up into the engine compartment, then spliced one motor to the original washer pump motor leads, observing polarity of course. I used weatherpack connectors for the pump wires for easier swapping in case the pump in use goes belly-up. Similarly extend the low level indicator wiring if equipped, and the two fluid lines (cap one off). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Don. Excellent diagram with color coding, exactly what I needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this a couple months ago when I was bored. One of the best and cheapest things I've done to the Jeep. After the bottle (found a 99 with almost brand new looking pumps) and a few feet of hose it cost me a total of 15$. I used a random 1 1/4" holesaw to make the filler neck hole, worked fine. Quick tip, if you use a holesaw then hold on to the drill GOOD. Once it catches good the drill will spin around and hit you... hard. Had a bruise on my jaw for a week. But it's amazing how much cleaner and open the engine compartment looks now. Also instead of weather pack connecters I found two of the same connectors at a junkyard and just spliced the connectors and used 2 females with 1 male so I could easily swap pumps if one burnt out :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to get the pictures back or were they destroyed with the photobucket hackle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...