New Grill Push Nuts and Screws

I think everyone needs some of these. I know I did; most of the plastic nuts were stripped out and you couldn't tighten the screws. I did find a few NOS Mopar push nuts, but they were like $5/ea.  :nuts: so I looked elsewhere. Found a complete 16-piece aftermarket set from Team Cherokee and they work just as well as the originals. You can also use the push nuts for mounting the license plate.  Just thought I'd share, thought this was a good deal..

http://teamcherokee.com/grille-fastener-screw-nut-16-piece-set-cherokee-comanche-1987-1996/

11708-GRILLESCREWSET__87721.1356994161.1

13 hours ago, Keyav8r said:

The ad copy sounds kinda ESLish.  But the product looks good.  May have to order a set.

Most all of all Team Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, etc. etc. ad descriptions sound the same - too much repetition and more info than you really need. Their ad writer thinks more is better I guess...

In the completely understandable case you don't want to do business with TeamCherokee, you can find the almost-right nylon push nuts at Lowe's. Sorry I can't say for sure which ones exactly because it's been a year or two now, but I brought one of my originals in and compared it until I found a match. The ones I eventually decided on were a pretty tight fit, but they stay put. Add in some of those black oxide coated screws and nobody would ever know.

21 hours ago, Minuit said:

In the completely understandable case you don't want to do business with TeamCherokee, you can find the almost-right nylon push nuts at Lowe's.

Why would you not want to do business with Team Cherokee? Never had a problem with them. They are about the only reliable source for the expendable and unique "bits" that all our MJs need sooner or later. I'm glad they are around and stock these pieces for reasonable prices.

21 hours ago, Minuit said:

In the completely understandable case you don't want to do business with TeamCherokee, you can find the almost-right nylon push nuts at Lowe's. Sorry I can't say for sure which ones exactly because it's been a year or two now, but I brought one of my originals in and compared it until I found a match. The ones I eventually decided on were a pretty tight fit, but they stay put. Add in some of those black oxide coated screws and nobody would ever know.

The 'almost right' nuts from Lowes will eventually fail.................ask how I know?

• 5 months later...

I found the correct nuts in white (covered by the grill, will never notice) at Napa.  Pack of 19 was $5.65.  That's enough to do the MJ and the XJ.  Picked up a pack of 40 #8x1" stainless pan heads from Lowe's for another $5.  Right close to the same price as the 'kit', but enough to do two vehicles.  And I don't have to wait for shipping.

55 minutes ago, bad_idea said:

I found the correct nuts in white (covered by the grill, will never notice) at Napa.  Pack of 19 was $5.65.  That's enough to do the MJ and the XJ.  Picked up a pack of 40 #8x1" stainless pan heads from Lowe's for another $5.  Right close to the same price as the 'kit', but enough to do two vehicles.  And I don't have to wait for shipping.

So you spend ten bucks on gas and a couple of hours driving around and looking for parts in the stores that aren't quite right to save $7 on shipping? Doesn't make much sense to me mate...

But remember, I have enough for two vehicles.  The only part that isn't 'quite right' is the color, which no one will ever see.

Besides, it wasn't cost.  I wanted to put the grill in today.  Not in 3-5 days.

I did not intend to post in this thread to step on toes.  Just to offer another option that functions just as well.