I know our trucks are priceless but.......

jeepdoggydogB

the 2.8s do suck but mine has taken a serious beating in the 8 years iv owned it and has always done me right (though seriously under powered), u probably wouldnt believe some of the stories but lets just say she runs a consistant 4500-5300 rpm every were we go and she keeps going , so :thwak:

the 2.8s do suck but mine has taken a serious beating in the 8 years iv owned it and has always done me right (though seriously under powered), u probably wouldnt believe some of the stories but lets just say she runs a consistant 4500-5300 rpm every were we go and she keeps going , so :thwak:

i know what you mean...I had to keep mine in 4th gear at freeway speeds (If I could get to them) or it would lose speed. sometimes 3rd so that thing saw high RPM's at a constant.

but I hated it...the 3800 is SOOOO much better...

I would not even consider buying the four cylinder. My dad has the 2.8 six in his 85' xj and it is a joke for power, sure gets good gas milage though. I will sick with my 4.0. Even if this guys truck had a full resto it wouldnt be worth that much.

You know when I see rebuilt engine and rear end in an ad.. I know the rig has either been abused or neglected, cause no one replaces or rebuilds good parts :eek: I have totally thrashed on my junk, and never rebuilt the engine cause it ran good, or replaced a rear cause it wasnt whining :brows:

You know when I see rebuilt engine and rear end in an ad.. I know the rig has either been abused or neglected, cause no one replaces or rebuilds good parts :eek: I have totally thrashed on my junk, and never rebuilt the engine cause it ran good, or replaced a rear cause it wasnt whining :brows:

I don't know. Normally that's true, but in this particular case we're dealing with the 2.8L and Dana 35, both are totally capable of self-destructing if the moon's gravitational pull is too strong that day. :D

I would not even consider buying the four cylinder. My dad has the 2.8 six in his 85' xj and it is a joke for power, sure gets good gas milage though. I will sick with my 4.0. Even if this guys truck had a full resto it wouldnt be worth that much.

uh...4 cyl is the 2.5, 2.8 is the v6

i would email him and let him know what its worth but.........after awhile of it being on CL iam sure he will figure it out hahaha

I am not certain what CL is like in other parts of the Country, but here in the San Francisco Bay Area it is like the star wars bar. People post up products fake or real, I know of people getting robbed of their playstation 3's and such. Then there are the tire kickers that are the equivalent of the Jawa's on starwars, I really feel for the guy when one comes out to see him and offers him $100 for the truck. ;)

i would email him and let him know what its worth but.........after awhile of it being on CL iam sure he will figure it out hahaha

I am not certain what CL is like in other parts of the Country, but here in the San Francisco Bay Area it is like the star wars bar. People post up products fake or real, I know of people getting robbed of their playstation 3's and such. Then there are the tire kickers that are the equivalent of the Jawa's on starwars, I really feel for the guy when one comes out to see him and offers him $100 for the truck. ;)

you just watched it didnt you

you just watched it didnt you

I just tried to sell a Bose Wave Radio on CL actually