New Subforum?

DirtyComanche

9 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if you've ever swapped a v8 or diesel into an MJ, the journey is indeed epic :D  

So, is this supposed to be hardcore technical stuff, like oddball axle swaps, custom link suspension, installing engines that were never factory in the XJ/MJ chassis, etc?

Or am I supposed to ask a technical question is prose?  IE:

My water pump appears on the fritz,

I could use your help with a fix,

Must I buy one from the dealer,

Or can I go with something cheaper?

:confused:

you prose is decent, buuuuuut I think we'll go with the first one. :D   we're still working on the details, but more or less the fun trail-blazing stuff.   I'd say pretty much everything above an 8.8 swap.  

29 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you prose is decent, buuuuuut I think we'll go with the first one. :D   we're still working on the details, but more or less the fun trail-blazing stuff.   I'd say pretty much everything above an 8.8 swap.  

:thumbsup::wink:

10 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

I think my custom strikes are pretty damn epic. :brows:

I totally agree, but I'm not the gate keeper.  Dan and Nate have agreed to mod the new forum.  it's more or less up to that which way it goes.  

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

I agree, but I'm not the gate keeper.  Dan and Nate have agreed to mod the new forum.  it's more or less up to that which way it goes.  

Don't miss my point. I'm rarely understood because I don't explain myself. 

I've scoured just about every Jeep forum there is looking for ideas that are unique. 

My POV is rare among Jeep people, I know, however, not everyone is into full cages, 4-links, portal axles. 

I'm looking for unique and creative ideas.........one-offs, the little things, anything different and smart. 

I'm not pushing my strikes, not the point, I'm saying I'm looking for examples of- how you work around a problem, how you improvise, odd parts source, better engineering......that type of thing. 

That's my idea of epic. 

1 minute ago, Jeep Driver said:

Don't miss my point. I'm rarely understood because I don't explain myself. 

I've scoured just about every Jeep forum there is looking for ideas that are unique. 

My POV is rare among Jeep people, I know, however, not everyone is into full cages, 4-links, portal axles. 

I'm looking for unique and creative ideas.........one-offs, the little things, anything different and smart. 

I'm not pushing my strikes, not the point, I'm saying I'm looking for examples of- how you work around a problem, how you improvise, odd parts source, better engineering......that type of thing. 

That's my idea of epic. 

You could immortalize those in a How-to in the write ups subforum.

"Epic" is a terrible word, because as I was trying to suggest, it actually means a long poetic journey, or a long series of achievements, and it's centered around heroism/hardship/perseverance.  However it's become slang for "awesome" or "amazing" or even just "good", which means it's pretty ambiguous in the modern language, it's meaning has been so diluted at this point that someone could easily feel that a discussion on burrito places would be appropriate for that subforum.

:peep:

8 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

You could immortalize those in a How-to in the write ups subforum.

"Epic" is a terrible word, because as I was trying to suggest, it actually means a long poetic journey, or a long series of achievements, and it's centered around heroism/hardship/perseverance.  However it's become slang for "awesome" or "amazing" or even just "good", which means it's pretty ambiguous in the modern language, it's meaning has been so diluted at this point that someone could easily feel that a discussion on burrito places would be appropriate for that subforum.

:peep:

I agree. 

Maybe 'Custom' would be a better forum? 

I have a '70 Challenger R/T dream with a '88 MJ budget. So I'll be the guy that gives his MJ a muscle car feel. 

Wish there was a Muscle Truck forum somewhere...............

Just now, johnj92131 said:

Would love to see the how to on those striker. Or would buy 2 sets if you would like to make them.

No, not for sale, I don't don't have an interest in that.

What I meant by 'pushing' is forcing my ideas into a forum. 

14 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

I agree. 

Maybe 'Custom' would be a better forum? 

I have a '70 Challenger R/T dream with a '88 MJ budget. So I'll be the guy that gives his MJ a muscle car feel. 

Wish there was a Muscle Truck forum somewhere...............

Pirate broke it down as newbie and general, which was more like normal and hardcore.  I think NAXJA broke it down as various types of tech, and hardcore (called 'Advanced fabrication' IIRC?).  The problem with what Pirate does is that everyone shows up and is like "I'm not a newbie!" and posts in the general one, then promptly they're told some specific instructions regarding inserting things into cavities and whatnot.  I don't think NAXJA's format is as ambiguous from that standpoint, but they also have a million random subforums for anything you might want to do, and street/strip use is one.

Personally I think I'd rather call it "Advanced modified tech and fabrication" or "Highly technical modification and fabrication" or something.  Epic to me implies something slightly better than drinking warm bathwater.

Either way, I welcome the section and hope it works out.

7 minutes ago, johnj92131 said:

Or even a tracing?

First, grind off the squished portion of the strike from the back of the original and pull the U shaped strike from the plate. 

Trace out from a '97 strike on a piece of 1/4 plate. 

Mark where the U strike was, holes. 

Moved the top hole over 1/2".

Moved the bottom hole down 1/2". Elongate the plate. 

Make one, scribe to another to match, countersink opposites sides to make a left and a right. 

Not to bash other sites........

Actually, I'm quite literate, but I read pictures, I study pictures, pictures tell me just about everything I need to know. I don't think there are 3 guys at NAXJA that own cameras, or know how to use one. 

Sites have cliques, also. Either you are in or you are out. 

Pirate, it's just hard to follow over there. 

I'm not hung up on vehicle specific either, a lot ideas can cross over.