New Subforum?

DirtyComanche

I'm not a fan of its overuse in slang either.  I actually choose the name because of the original definition.  reading through a big build is like reading about an epic journey with trials and tribulations, ups and downs, and (hopefully) a final triumphant victory at the end (sorta, since we know Jeeps are never really "finished").   But I expect there will be a combination of project threads, simpler tech threads, and questions about doing the hardcore things.  More free-flow than just build threads.  and all writeups will of course be cross referenced into the DIY checklist.  

to me "hardcore"  is used on too many forums.  "custom" doesn't quite fit.  besides, there is more than one definition to go with Epic

3. heroic; majestic; impressively great

plus I'm a fan of alliteration :D  

oh, and I've restricted members from starting new threads for the time being, but anyone can reply to the threads that mods create.  I wanted to give our new mods a chance to familiarize themselves with the software and iron out how they would like to handle things before jumping in with both feet.  :thumbsup:  

5 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

First, grind off the squished portion of the strike from the back of the original and pull the U shaped strike from the plate. 

Trace out from a '97 strike on a piece of 1/4 plate. 

Mark where the U strike was, holes. 

Moved the top hole over 1/2".

Moved the bottom hole down 1/2". Elongate the plate. 

Make one, scribe to another to match, countersink opposites sides to make a left and a right. 

Jeep Driver,

Thanks.  Instructions seem clear!

1 minute ago, Sir Sam said:

Question still remains, what does it take to get a post into the epic forum? 10 year long build thread?

I'm thinking the intention is to open the subforum in a couple days...  It will get no traffic with the only thread being the subforum description though. :dunno: