88 renix to 92 HO motors

My 88 renix motor needs a rebuild badly and I don't have funds for the machine shop right now and I found a 92 HO motor from a cherokee..

He has the harness and ecm. Could I just drop this in or should I swap my renix sensors and stuff to the HO motor and run it that way?

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, omega_rugal said:

just saying...

Yep. Just saying something that isn't true.........and possibly sending an unsuspecting person on a wild goose chase. Pretty irresponsible to do that if you ask me.

It's always been my impression that we're supposed to help and guide people here on CC.

Not mislead them.  

Misleading? he says he has everything from the donor, he can either swap the whole thing as it is and call it a day, mixing Renix and Mopar stuff is not as straight forward...

Considering that crusier's wealth of knowledge has helped me solve every issue I've had....I would continue to take his word for it. ....just sayin

87' XJ Wagoneer I-6 AW4 NP242

1 hour ago, Kyleinreallife said:

Considering that crusier's wealth of knowledge has helped me solve every issue I've had....I would continue to take his word for it. ....just sayin emoji854.png

I respect Cruser`s knowledge, i`m sorry my advise is nto as good as his...

I have ecu and wiring from donor 88 4.0..

I just figured it would be easier to stay renix then do HO.

I would only have to do underhood harness instead of interior with 2.5 to 4.0 swap correct?

oh it`s ANOTHER truck...
?

I'm using the wiring and ecm from a renix 88 mj into my 2.5 mj. I don't get your comment... the 4.0 out of the 88 needs rebuilt but I don't have the funds right now to spend $1300 for that. So I was asking if I could use an HO in its place..

On 1/21/2018 at 2:16 PM, omega_rugal said:

Misleading? he says he has everything from the donor, he can either swap the whole thing as it is and call it a day, mixing Renix and Mopar stuff is not as straight forward...

It's easy. I have comprehensive instructions.