new car

89eliminator

i am going to be buying a new to me car next week so i can park the jeep for the winter.

its a 91 geo prizm 4dr. 4cyl with only 61k on it!. was wrecked but the buy i am getting it from works at an autobody place and is replacing the hood and right fender before i buy it.

all for $1000

i will get in less trouble.

i had way to much fun/close calls gettin the back end loose in the winter.

one day when i was taking my friend home from school i came around a corner going to fast for conditions hit a patch of ice and did a complete 360 just narowly missing a house. got a little scared because the truck had only been done for a little more than 2 months.

i will get in less trouble.

i had way to much fun/close calls gettin the back end loose in the winter.

one day when i was taking my friend home from school i came around a corner going to fast for conditions hit a patch of ice and did a complete 360 just narowly missing a house. got a little scared because the truck had only been done for a little more than 2 months.

late one night in the poorin rain i did the same thing, cut the back end out and swung it all the way back around the other way 180 in the middle of a 2ln rd with a turn lane in the middle and ended up parked the opposite direction i was heading at the stoplight... eesh

since we're on the subject of spinning loose, i once spun across 3 lanes of rush hour traffic and into the median of a freeway due to a slick spot...did over 360 on it. that was in my xj i just sold. the roads were bearly wet at all, not sure how it happend really, or how i didn't hit anybody.

I "lost it" on Route 78 in New Jersey, years ago in my CJ8. It was during a heavy snow storm, about 6 inches had already fallen.

I was in the slow lanes when I came up on a few 18 wheelers, after a few minutes of thier road spray on my windshield, I changed lanes and passed them.

jamminz.gif

Well that slow lane had a couple of 'rutts' in the snow from all the trucks/cars that were out in that weather. But the other lanes had a nice coating of the slippery white stuff.

Well after I passed all the 18 wheelers, (musta been about 6 of them), I decided to get back into the slow lane where those "rutts" would get me back intouch with some pavement.

When the passenger front tire got into the first rutt it grabbed on the pavement and sent me spinning, I'm not sure how many 360s I did, (at 45-55 MPH), but everytime I was totaly basackwards All I saw were the headlights of the lead Truck bearing down on me.

Luckily my momentum carried me right off the road and onto the embankment.

All I have to say is Thank goodness for gaurdian angles :bowdown: there was definately one looking out for me that night!

yah changing lains into rutts is bad almost flipped my minivan proly 35-40mph no 360 just 180 to the right, 180 to the left, 180 to the right..then i lost count.. only two narrow lains and power poles running down both sides (i was hoping it would just tip so i didnt hit one of the poles or suport lines)but i guess the weight of about $12000 in tools kept it upright. got it off the street and just about pissed myself, the guy i was fallowing said from his rear vew he thaught it should have flipped

(one of those no maintinance vehicles...no suspension/brakes/working doors and no willingness to die took 3 years of serious abuse and neglect b4 i gave up trying to murder it...mostly just tired of jumping in and out the winder)

Wow some great stories so ill tell mine

First week in my 95 mustang after i had been doing a complete gasket replacement from the heads up. Been on the road for 3 days. Went to my now wifes house and was leaving around 1230am and went thru a corner and hit black ice. The rear passed the front and some how i managed to down shift and dump the clutch hard enough to get it to counter steer. I had the front drop off the pavement just for a sec i was so close to running off the road on the wrong side. it took about 300 yards to get it straight. The only thing i think saved me was racing dirt track and learning how to sling a car. Best part is the next week my Coach who is also a drivers ed instructor back into me in the school parking lot driving the Drivers Ed CAR!!!!!!!

Cole