2wd is awesome.

DirtyComanche

I've owned 2 2500HD's, 2wd 6.0's. Never had either one stuck pulling the jeep or working on our dairy farm. Looks to me like somebody was driving where he should not have been.

Why own a 2by? 3 grand cheaper & better mileage for starters. 4 wheel drive just gets you in deeper when you do get stuck :D

I've owned 2 2500HD's, 2wd 6.0's. Never had either one stuck pulling the jeep or working on our dairy farm. Looks to me like somebody was driving where he should not have been.

Why own a 2by? 3 grand cheaper & better mileage for starters. 4 wheel drive just gets you in deeper when you do get stuck :D

It is rare for us to get a tow rig stuck in the summer (hence taking pictures), but in winter the 2bys are really limited. I got a friend to tow me back with his pile of a 2wd 6.5 chebby, we wound up cocked over sideways in a ditch after it gave up on a hill. Then it's the unload the truck to pull the other truck out routine. We also sometimes tow up the FSRs to get to a base camp or trail head, and FSRs aren't designed for a 2wd truck to be towing on. The first time you really get in a bind where 4wd made the difference on getting out or waiting a night, the extra money doesn't seem at all bad.

That gravel pit has inconsistant sand because they move it around a lot.

We also sometimes tow up the FSRs to get to a base camp or trail head, and FSRs aren't designed for a 2wd truck to be towing on. The first time you really get in a bind where 4wd made the difference on getting out or waiting a night, the extra money doesn't seem at all bad.

If you honestly have a use for a 4by(which you obviously do) then it's worth the extra $$$, but some others were saying a 2by was basically worthless, which isn't true. Your getting stuck twice a year can be a very bad situation, but me getting stuck on the farm is just an inconvenience. Really depends on your situation.

One must consider this as well: I bought & will lift my MJ with the money I saved by getting a 2by jamminz.gif

Also depends on how you drive and where ( drive around the mud or through). I have pulled my tractor on the trailer off road a lot and only had to use 4x4 maybe 3 or 4 times and that was on grades over 4% and my tractor is 2x the weight of the MJ.

A bucnh of places I go when It gets wet require 4wd to manuever with out tearing the place up... I am not saying a 2wd truck is useless, but the 3 grand difference can ussually be negotiated away :brows: and then the question is.. getting stuck in the middle of nowhere having to get someone else to pull you out worth not paying the difference