best carburetor on the 87 2.5l

See on my way home just now it got to where I couldn't even press the gas at all without it just dying. On my road I stopped to tum it off and back on and couldn't even take off out of first without it stalling out. I know that has to be something with the tps but it's brand new has like three different ground I put on it so I don't even know right now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

See on my way home just now it got to where I couldn't even press the gas at all without it just dying. On my road I stopped to tum it off and back on and couldn't even take off out of first without it stalling out. I know that has to be something with the tps but it's brand new has like three different ground I put on it so I don't even know right now

How do you know it has to be something with the TPS? I've had symptoms like that in older, carbureted vehicles decades before we had such new-fangled thingies as throttle position sensors. When I was starting out playing with cars, the only throttle position sensor was the driver's right foot.

Got any vacuum leaks? How's your fuel filter?

Is it government as in the Ford GP?

Do everyone a favor and wait more than two minutes before re-posting the same question. If you need to clarify something you already posted, that's why each post has an option for "EDIT" beneath it.

Parallel threads merged ...

I'm sorry eagle. And it has a brand new fuel filter. I just rebuilt the throttle body and cleaned it out. And when I unplug the tps it will do the exact same thing just won't give a few minutes to do it. If I turn the truck off and let it sit for a minute and turn it back on it will do fine for a few hundred yards. I think it's the tps but I could be wrong

The Carter YFA that I'm familiar with is a computer-controlled carburetor that was used by AMC -- I think it's what they used on the '84 and '85 2.5L engines. If that's what you have -- forget it and buy a real carburetor. If you have an older-non-computer version, it may be okay.

It was supposed to be used on a 79 to like 83 ford. It does not have a computer otherwise I wouldn't of been able to use it on my other mj

I'm actually pretty sure it came off my sister's old 79 f100

With what size engine? If it was off a 6-cylinder it's probably too big for a 2.5L.

That could be O2 sensor also.

Which is the point I've been trying to make to you.

You can swap to a carb........but..........If your O2, TPS, temp, CPS, IAT, MAP, ignition module, coil, ECM, wiring/grounds........fails...........no ignition or erratic ignition. Also, don't forget plugs, wires, caps.

And, don't forget, you have EGR on that thing, you could have an EGR valve stuck open......who knows? That would also cause problems. 

You gotta look at the bigger picture, not just carb or TBI.

And, FWIW, there is nothing at all complicated about the TBI, in fact it's much simpler than a carb, regulator and injector, that's it. Injectors are still available. 

Wow.

OP, do yourself a favor before you do anything else.....it won't cost you a dime to try.

Disconnect your O2 sensor and drive it, and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, replace the sensor and move on with life.

I had the exact problem with my 2.5 and chased parts for weeks like you're doing, until one day it was sputtering and I disco'ed the O2 and the idle cleared up immediately.  Plugged it back in and it fell on it's face.  I replaced it and it was fine everafter.

Replace the TPS with a good one. Return the AutoZone one you bought and get one from NAPA or find a NOS Mopar one.

Running chain store sensors will cause you 100X more issues than you need. The old saying, "You get what you pay for" is a rule when it comes to sensors.

My 87 used to stumble as well, until I changed the O2 sensor. been fine ever since. 

And, This is just my opinion, but Ive seen kids like you think that a carb is the solution to every fuel injection problem. That just isnt the case and often causes more problems than it solves, especially if you don't know what youre doing. You need to diag your TBI issue correctly and like was said, use quality parts. I understand youre 16 and can't afford much, butI still think youre going about this all wrong. My 2 cents. 

Carburetor only makes sense if the rest of the system is FUBAR. Usually carbs add more problems than they solve. Just in my experience.

TBI and injection are normally more reliable.

I'd try to fix the renix system, if it's completely ruined then I'd try to adapt it to carburetor, so much of the system is tied up in computer control it'd be a pain to separate it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro