!!!Crew Cab Comanche!!!

ridenlow12

That thing is way too long, I know its been said. The second one is a bit too short. I drive a F150 Supercrew and it fits in my garage, but I often wish it had a longer bed...

now they have the supercrews with a 6.5 foot bed

*that* would give 99% of the members here little woodies.

go pat!

I even think Eagle would like this. Saving another MJ body from scrap.

A four eyed crewmanche? NO

But a two eyed crewmanche would!

I think you're both high.
Well, your high-ER in latitude...

and my pet rat is down my girlfriends shirt.

so tell me who is driving a piece of junk?

Last I checked, I've been driving a 2003 WJ. :D That 4.7 blows 4.0's out of it's @$$ any day.

And I have yet to drive my MJ, but when It's done, it won't be a piece of junk, so HA!

My only piece of junk I have is my 98 ZJ, but once the MJ hits pavement, the ZJ is going on eBah!

I know the guy who owns the long one. Those Pics were at Camp Jeep I think. I can get more info on the truck if you guys want. He has a few XJ's and MJ's in his collection from what I remember. He is a great mechanic. He also has an older Tug that has a deisel in it. not sure if it is from an isuzu or a jeep deisel but it has torque out the whazoo. If I find more pics I will let you know.

I've been wanting to build one of those out of one of the XJ hulks I have around here for about 5 years, but I don't have the time or money or workshop to pursue it. I wouldn't use a longbed box though, I'd use a stock shortbed.

That one is very nicely executed, though.

Very nice work. I saw a similar four door rig on ebay, not quite as refined, but still nice. Missing the visor, which I happen to like, along with the Cherokee roof rack.

Supposedly Jeep quit the Comanche because of flagging sales because the Comanche did not have a club or crew cab. Dodge did with the Dakota.

It's obvious that the Cherokee platform could have been utilized to produce a crew cab version. So is this a Cheromanche?

The question is, would this kind of machine have sold well enough to have saved the Comanche?

Personally, a short bed is the fastest, most economical, and most fun to drive. The long wheel base is no where near as nimble. I think Jeep had it right to begin with. I've converted at least one person in to a Comanche Nut with that Go-Kart short bed I sold him. His Chev and Ford now just sit and I bet he sells one of them by next year.