Grey interior panels

dustyinthedirt

Jeez, I let a nice pair of those go for $90 shipped. Same guy has a set with the typical screw holes being busted out for $180. The prices I see for stuff on eBay are ridiculous. I seriously saw an auction for a factory radio get up to $125, and it was just a normal tape player. I have 5 of the things and I haven't paid more than $30 for a single one of 'em.

While we're here - the key to not destroying those panels is to tighten the screws as if it's an oil filter. Don't be a gorilla.

Wow, Jeez, then maybe you guys should list your junk on Ebay and cash in?  :yes:   Obviously not every MJ aficionado isn't a member here as they should be.

Those exact panels have been on eBay for months. In the meantime I've sold all sorts of stuff Jeep and non-Jeep here and elsewhere. There's no cashing in going on when stuff just sits waiting for a sucker to come by.

Yeah i want those and the A pillar ones as well. are those interchangeable with cherokee ones? Ive got my hands on a 2000 cherokee and was thinking of switching the interiors over...That being said i have a tan interior now which is in fantastic shape and seeing the prices of those panels my brain is saying "Hell yeah grab those things and lets get wrenching!!" but then my wallet is saying "Remember we are trying to do this on a budget..." If the stinkin JY would stay open longer i would have more time to go through the yard and try to find a MJ. I find that alot of them have tan/burgandy interiors. 

Yeah i want those and the A pillar ones as well. are those interchangeable with cherokee ones? Ive got my hands on a 2000 cherokee and was thinking of switching the interiors over...That being said i have a tan interior now which is in fantastic shape and seeing the prices of those panels my brain is saying "Hell yeah grab those things and lets get wrenching!!" but then my wallet is saying "Remember we are trying to do this on a budget..." If the stinkin JY would stay open longer i would have more time to go through the yard and try to find a MJ. I find that alot of them have tan/burgandy interiors.

Ive never tried to use the XJ a pillars , I don't know .

If you are planning on installing a 2000 Cherokee interior the color will be Agate , not grey . You can paint your interior pillar panels as an option , are you doing the complete conversion ?

Wow, Jeez, then maybe you guys should list your junk on Ebay and cash in?  :yes:   Obviously not every MJ aficionado isn't a member here as they should be.

Those exact panels have been on eBay for months. In the meantime I've sold all sorts of stuff Jeep and non-Jeep here and elsewhere. There's no cashing in going on when stuff just sits waiting for a sucker to come by.

And they will be there next year also.  You have to admit, it is cheaper to list your Junk Yard Treasure for a Kings Ransom than to buy a couple of Lottery Tickets every week :yes: :yes:

We all know the Cherokee doors fit the Comanche, so it is reasonable that the factory used exactly the same part number on both the Cherokee and the Comanche for the A pillar trim.  Guess we will have to look in the parts book to verify an exact match.

We all know the Cherokee doors fit the Comanche, so it is reasonable that the factory used exactly the same part number on both the Cherokee and the Comanche for the A pillar trim.  Guess we will have to look in the parts book to verify an exact match.

XJ: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LH-RH-Interior-A-Pillar-Windshield-Trim-SAND-Pair-1991-1996-Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-/401286015567?fits=Make%3AJeep|Model%3ACherokee&hash=item5d6e82aa4f:g:KjsAAOSwWxNYsDwP&vxp=mtr

It's longer and has extra "stuff" where it would latch under the MJ B-pillar piece. I don't have a picture of a full MJ piece, but it looks like you could probably cut part of the XJ one off and make it work. Might grab one for experimentation purposes next time I'm at the JY.

The XJ a-pillars look close but aren't the same. You'd see it if you saw them next to each other.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just checked my January, 1988 Mopar Jeep parts book.  It list the same right and left part numbers for the A pillar trim for both the Cherokee and the Comanche.

Minuit, think you are talking about the 97+ trim being different from the 85-96 A pillar trim?

I went out and took a look at my 89's trim panels. The rear edges look very much to have been cut after the fact - the XJ panel is longer than the MJ one after the oh $#!& handle and has a "ridge" where the XJ b-pillar trim would be. The MJ panel extends to just under the B pillar trim and has no extra cuts or ridges. I bet to make the MJ parts they just cut down the XJ ones.

Ive never tried to use the XJ a pillars , I don't know .

If you are planning on installing a 2000 Cherokee interior the color will be Agate , not grey . You can paint your interior pillar panels as an option , are you doing the complete conversion ?

yes If i have been tossing the idea around for a few weeks now. and i have just got my hands on the donor cherokee for pretty cheap. the conversion doesnt seem to hard just a very large under taking. The idea of opening the door on a truck that is 27 years old and everything looking pretty modern in it just makes me drool. That being said i also don't much care for the tan thats in it now. I guess i could just swap the dash for a same model grey one and die the plastic..

Does the die actually stick? or am i gonna notice the tan wearing through after a year or two? 

I said die i ment paint.

also i think its spelled "dye" :doh:

There are no guarantees on how long the paint/ dye will last , preping and using quality materials ( like S.E.M.) will greatly improves its life though. I guess it all depends how hard you are on the interior ....