Control Arms

Not sure why people think aftermarket tubular replacement arms are any longer then stock because they are not unless they are adjustable and

the benefits to aftermarket arms is the tubular design which is stronger and easier to swap bushings, yes you get a little more droop out of the tubular

arms but that's because the tube is lower down closer to the centerline of the bushing then the OE arms are...

Most of them are longer...  Do your homework before buying to ensure you're getting the right ones.

I have pretty much sold and installed ALL brands and they are NOT any longer unless they are adjustable when talking Jeep XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ...

Stock and aftermarket are 15.75" I think if memory serves me correctly today...

Not sure why people think aftermarket tubular replacement arms are any longer then stock because they are not unless they are adjustable and

the benefits to aftermarket arms is the tubular design which is stronger and easier to swap bushings, yes you get a little more droop out of the tubular

arms but that's because the tube is lower down closer to the centerline of the bushing then the OE arms are...

Most of them are longer...  Do your homework before buying to ensure you're getting the right ones.

I have pretty much sold and installed ALL brands and they are NOT any longer unless they are adjustable when talking Jeep XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ...

I have RE ones.  I recommended RE ones.  RE ones are 16", which is .25" longer than stock.  You are correct that 15.75" is stock.  I will not comment on other arms as I have only ever measured RE fixed ones.

Thanks for all the input.  I went with the Core4x4 adjustable arms.  The price was the deciding factor.  Ill let you know how they look when they come in.  Also thanks for the measurements that will be my baseline when I install them.

I have RE ones.  I recommended RE ones.  RE ones are 16", which is .25" longer than stock.  You are correct that 15.75" is stock.  I will not comment on other arms as I have only ever measured RE fixed ones.

Ok Good to know technically they are longer even though .25" I have a set of RE arms coming in next week as was going to measure again since its been a while since I first measured them...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the core ones with rubber bushings on my TJ and ZJ front and rear.  They are stronger and heavier than the RE ones.  I had RE ones, and one bent and they don't cover that.  They don't cover the bushings either.  I don't really know what they do cover on the warranty they say they have.  Round control arms don't chew up tires where they rub at full lock.  Comanches have a terrible turning radius as is, you can't reduce it without having to make huge u turns.

I have the core ones with rubber bushings on my TJ and ZJ front and rear.  They are stronger and heavier than the RE ones.  I had RE ones, and one bent and they don't cover that.  They don't cover the bushings either.  I don't really know what they do cover on the warranty they say they have.  Round control arms don't chew up tires where they rub at full lock.  Comanches have a terrible turning radius as is, you can't reduce it without having to make huge u turns.

That's good to know.  Thank you

Not only are the WJ arms boxed and curved for improved rigidity and tire clearance respectively, the end bushings are much larger and provide better handling and steering response.

Comanches have a terrible turning radius as is, you can't reduce it without having to make huge u turns.

True, but you can reduce the steering wheel rotations by slapping in a ZJ quick ratio steering gear.