Ball Joint Recommendation

I can tell you all about this from years of experience with many different brands... 

Moog ball joints are absolute crap in terms of quality, durability, and tolerances.  Even if you can get a lifetime warranty on them, avoid them at all costs.  If you do install them, then you will find yourself having to replace them frequently.  

If you do a lot of off-roading, use large tires, and plan to keep your Jeep for many years, then you may want to consider springing the extra cash for a set of Synergy ball joints.  Simply put, they are the strongest and most durable ball joints available.  Their tolerances are so impressive that there is actually a break-in period where the vehicle's steering will likely feel too tight.

If your Jeep is relatively stock and does not see a lot of abuse, then you will be perfectly happy with the Dana Spicer ball joints.  Just do not expect to get 100,000 or more miles out of the replacement Dana Spicer ball joints like you probably did on the originals from the factory.  The replacement ball joints are not manufactured to the same standards as the ones that originally came in our Jeeps.

I can tell you all about this from years of experience with many different brands... 

Moog ball joints are absolute crap in terms of quality, durability, and tolerances.  Even if you can get a lifetime warranty on them, avoid them at all costs.  If you do install them, then you will find yourself having to replace them frequently.  

If you do a lot of off-roading, use large tires, and plan to keep your Jeep for many years, then you may want to consider springing the extra cash for a set of Synergy ball joints.  Simply put, they are the strongest and most durable ball joints available.  Their tolerances are so impressive that there is actually a break-in period where the vehicle's steering will likely feel too tight.

If your Jeep is relatively stock and does not see a lot of abuse, then you will be perfectly happy with the Dana Spicer ball joints.  Just do not expect to get 100,000 or more miles out of the replacement Dana Spicer ball joints like you probably did on the originals from the factory.  The replacement ball joints are not manufactured to the same standards as the ones that originally came in our Jeeps.

My MJ is mostly for light trails.  Ill look into the Spicer ball joints. Thank you

^^ This... Anything else is a waste of time and money.

Great info hearing from an expert that my NOS Mopar ball joints in the original 1993 Mopar packaging that are stamped with D/S part numbers were manufactured to a much higher standard than than the current Spicer offerings. I'm perfectly happy now. 

Great info hearing from an expert that my NOS Mopar ball joints in the original 1993 Mopar packaging that are stamped with D/S part numbers were manufactured to a much higher standard than than the current Spicer offerings. I'm perfectly happy now. 

Wow!  I am jealous.  How did you acquire those old ball joints?

I have used Spicer on 4 Jeeps with good results. I used Moog twice on one of those Jeeps and finally gave up on them. You can find the Spicer parts on Amazon for $50 a side.....and they will arrive in 2 days!

Don't go to Sears...

That 'mechanic' needs fired. Wow.

Went with the Mevotech on the front Dana 30 I am building right now.  

This is the start of the 4WD / WJ Brake conversion. 

TXK3134T_ANG.jpg

They appear to be very well designed/built. 

Like that they are way over packaged; protective cone over the stud then in a protective bag within the box and the box has sub-structure holding it in place. The hardware: nut, clip, retailing clip, zerk fitting is in another sealed bag. 

MEVOTECH TXK3134T (Premium) Terrain Tough Info
Front Upper

MEVOTECH Warranty Information
Supreme Chassis & Terrain Tough - Limited Lifetime, Original Grade Chassis - 5 year, 100,000km, Strut Mount - 1 Year, 20,000km, Bellow Kits - 90 days, Boot Kits - Limited Lifetime, Hubs,bearings,seals - 1 Year, 20,000km