Interest in Rock Rails

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are thr RRO supersliders any good the are only $369

http://rocky-road.com/xjrockrail.html these? rock rails $289 supersilders $349. i haven't heard anything bad about their products. i know the link says xj, but they have em for mj's too. only problem is they're designed for the short box trucks and i don't see anything about a long box...

no, those prices are for mj's. only problem is, that's for a short box. i emailed them, they say there's only one wheelbase length :nuts: so i'm not sure if they'd work on a long bed or how well they fit. my guess is they would work, just be 6" short of the rear wheel wells for a long bed

no, those prices are for mj's. only problem is, that's for a short box. i emailed them, they say there's only one wheelbase length :nuts: so i'm not sure if they'd work on a long bed or how well they fit. my guess is they would work, just be 6" short of the rear wheel wells for a long bed

that depends on how they mount.

the frame sections are a bit different after the cab.

From Mike today; "This is something I have thought about in the past and now that you guys have this great club we can move forward with that, and make it worth my time, tire racks? winches in the rear?

let me know, by the way we will be fitting a set of rock rails to the MJ this week, its a little slow for me because the MJ has no running gear its just a shell so we can't get it int the shop. Mike"

jamminz.gif Any ideas? I sent him this picture, I like the end caps, and I could tie in some rocker protection for the rear. Just need a way to hold the license plate

- Rich

things that I have thought of,

sliders

rear bumper= gota be functional, lower rocker protection, someplace for the license plate and a light to keep it legal, pull points, close fitting, deep enough to use it as a step, I like a hitch reciever only for a center pulling point.

also something to mount a spare tire

thats all for now

Has it ever Occurred to you to put the plate on the tailgate? not hard to run 2 wires up to it for a trailer light. My tailgate will be nice when its done.
Then we could never lower the tailgate to pick up those 3 or so extra MPG :roll:

Has it ever Occurred to you to put the plate on the tailgate? not hard to run 2 wires up to it for a trailer light. My tailgate will be nice when its done.
Then we could never lower the tailgate to pick up those 3 or so extra MPG :roll:
Funny thing here is the tailgate being down gives you crappier mileage. the best way is a tonneu cover, or leaving the tailgate up. Seriously, it was done on mythbusters, and I've noticed differences back when I had my ranger, before they even tested it. The tailgate being up creates a air bubble in the bed of the truck, up to the roof. this forces the air coming over the cab to go over the tailgate. and not catch on anything in the bed. theres a diagram somewhere on the net, I'm sure, but its a noticeable difference to have it up to save the MPGs.

We currently are working on some as well. We almost have our shortbed one's finished and will be doing some trail testing with them in the next month or so.

Longbed one's are further out, as we are having a hard time finding a longbed local to build a set around.

It is about time we get a few options for our truck :cheers:

i wasn't talking about xj's, they make them specificially for a short box. but then, they think they're the same length wheelbase...(long and short box)

They specify short bed so it goes without saying but sounds to me like a mis-interpretation maybe due to poor wording by the responder, I think the response is meaning they only offer the one wheelbase rockrail.

I agree the short bed rails should "fit" longbeds fine except to be far too short to the rear but then I'd also be concerned on the mounting.

Just need to find some long bed-ers willing to loan a rig for mock up who also happen to be local to these companies!

As to Rocky Road rockrail quality I can attest to abusing my RRO XJ rockrails pretty hard. Most recently used them good while on a section of the Rubicon trail I shouldn't have been on :brows: no issues and very glad to have em.