• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just scrolling through some build threads and noticed your steering wheel. My 98 XJ is the only one I have seen with that steering wheel in it, other than yours now. Does anyone know why this is such an uncommon wheel? Or is it common and the hundred other XJs I've sent just coincidentally not had it. I've always been curious about it.

Edit: On the build sheet for my XJ it shows it as the "luxury steering wheel" idk what makes it so "luxury" other than it looks better IMO.

That is the base model steering wheel. The nicer rigs got the leather wrapped wheels.

See that's what I thought but my buddy had a base model 97 XJ with the "better" wheel. It must have been swapped at some point. I like the look of the base model wheel better than the "better" wheel and its more comfortable to hold IMO. It's definitely more durable too. Mine has 230k miles of dirty hands on it and still in great shape but all the "better" wheels I've seen even with low miles and fairly well kept vehicles have fallen apart.