Was: Stroker 4.6L swap, Now: 4.0L swap... apparently...

They may have blue printed this 4.0l. are your plans for the rebuild going to be a home brew version like that of the bryce. and keep us posted on the heavy weight jamminz.gif

Are you asking about how to put pictures in your posts?

yes

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you asking about how to put pictures in your posts?

yes

It's real easy once you get the hang of it. First you need to host them at another site like Comanche Club Image Hosting. Follow their instructions to upload your pics and then get the picture's internet address. (I usually right-click on the image and select "properties, then copy the address that's listed in there, but the websites might have a different way of doing it.) Then copy that addy and go to the forums. You can add them into your post by pasting the address, then highlight it, then click on the IMG tag. Then the picture should appear in your post. There are some other tips and tricks, but that should get you started. :thumbsup:

well gregs cylinder heads in riverview is the best around Pete, for whenever you decide to build your stroker. :cheers:

Do you know if they've done Jeep inline-6 engines before? Specifically any strokers?

• 3 weeks later...

New Mexico actually, but I'm back now. Tomorrow I plan to call up the previous owner of the Jeep and make plans to burn that shop to the ground, er, I mean stop by and ask them about the "mix-up". :D

New Mexico actually, but I'm back now. Tomorrow I plan to call up the previous owner of the Jeep and make plans to burn that shop to the ground, er, I mean stop by and ask them about the "mix-up". :D

it is my professional judgement that you have been owned.

...by that shop.

sorry to hear that.

The previous owner is being wishy-washy since his wife is out of town for a while (and apparently he can't get a sitter?) but I just sent an email reminding him that the passport deadline is looming and I'll be going over there with or without him.

...us boarder guard didn't even look at our id's? ...saw two cars out of about 20 sent over for more inspection.

Selective Inspections. More or less who looks like a bigger threat. I like when I go to Canada. I don't even have to stop at the tolls (going to Canada). I call ahead to my uncle and ask which booth he's in, and he just waves me on! :D

half the other toll guards just say hey, and let me go with no questions, going in either direction. It helps to know people.

ok here is my side, its not that I can't get a sitter I have a 10 month old with special needs (diabetes) so a sitter is somthing hard to trust, and I have put the offer on the table to FULLY refund due to the $#!&ty dealing (not my fault) but I will not take less for the motor it has 9000 kms on it, and it came with a rebuilt trans and t-case, I will give the 750 back and take the motor and all the other goodies that I threw in with it, I am trying to get to the bottom of things with the garage, by way of the BBB and have been instructed to NOT harass the garage, but when speaking to them be respectufl, cause it may not be there fault, so thats the status. pete you have my number we can work this out, I will not nor have I ever screwed anyone.

1 thing that does not make sence, is why was this truck so strong, like crazy fast, burn rubber from 50 kms on 32" tsl boggers with 355's in it. somthing is fishy but I'll gladly take the motor back

I am trying to get to the bottom of things with the garage, by way of the BBB and have been instructed to NOT harass the garage, but when speaking to them be respectful, cause it may not be there fault, so thats the status.

Man, why didn't you tell me that? I feel a bit better that you've gotten the authorities involved. Your emails made it sound like you were delaying taking action and I simply wanted to keep the fire under your butt. Keep me posted on what they say. (and keep on the hunt for your papers) Also let me know if anyone over there needs to see the engine in-person.

:cheers:

1 thing that does not make sence, is why was this truck so strong, like crazy fast, burn rubber from 50 kms on 32" tsl boggers with 355's in it.

That's what has me puzzled too. This engine is clearly not a "stroker" (it needs a crank from a 4.2L to be that), the camshaft is from a stock 4.0L, and the original rebuilder (Advanced Automotive Industries) says they only do stock rebuilds. So what did the installer do to this engine to apparently make more power than a stock 4.0? That's really what I want to know most. :hmm:

the BBB in canada is not really an "authority" they are basically a complaint board, if you get three your paid membership is VOID its more of a status thing for the buisness and to look good for the customers.

but I'm on it

hey chris is it still possible that they maybe used an aftermarket crank seeing as how that was the assumption that was left, instead of using the "junkyard build" approach? I know companies offer stroker kits, so maybe there is a different crank that is usable that has 8CW, just like the regular 4.0L???

Anyone have any idea about the companies that build kits?

Anybody think it may have possibly gotten ported, polished, larger valves, aftermarket camshaft, and possibly gotten bored .030 to .060 out, with a new set of pistons to match?

That would leave the crank the same (why wouldn't you just upgrade it with all that work though) and could be the whole deal...