Was: Stroker 4.6L swap, Now: 4.0L swap... apparently...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to AAI, the block cost roughly $1700 as it left their site and the in-between auto parts store says they don't do anything but put shops in contact with rebuilders, so by my reasoning that means either the install shop did 2000 bucks worth of work to the block or had another place do that work (or no work was done and someone fibbed). They should have some sort of paperwork concerning the details of that. If they did in fact have a specialty place do some extra stuff, than that's the info I'm looking for. If this engine isn't a stroker, then what is it? :dunno: I was hoping to simply find the papers rather than further disassemble the engine. So far I've only dropped the oil pan.

• 2 months later...

sell it back to me, I can't find the papers and all the other $#!& that you used to care about, I'll give ya 1000. Thats more then you paid me, and I'll give it in canadian cause its worth more then US you know you want to sell it back to me lol

if the information to help find additional information about strokers

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html :brows:

as for my stroker i purchased mine from Accurate Power when they were doing some business and stopped some time in 05 for reasons unknown, for the I6 jeep then there is additional info from hesco/clifford web sites and now a few others like Golen. If there was/is power from this engine i think we would all like to know :???: I have found that this site and the folks here have help each other out a lot.

rockhardzj wrote

Anybody think it may have possibly gotten ported, polished, larger valves, aftermarket camshaft, and possibly gotten bored .030 to .060 out, with a new set of pistons to match?

goes back to the earlier question i had was this engine been balanced & blue printed :hmm: and only the paper work can determine that by the way the business should have that kind of information as well.

It appears that this gentleman is a man of his word and is going to make good on his deal Good luck Pete jamminz.gif

Unfortunately the decision isn't easy. Even though I didn't get my "ultimate power plant", I still have a quality block that should provide years of service. And it's more than just an engine, I have half of a corrosion-free Jeep sitting in the garage and I own 2 MJs that have hacked and corroded engine compartments (technically 3 but the 86 doesn't count in this). It doesn't matter when I'll finally be able to get around to it, because there will come a day when I get to work on my MJs (and it's looking like this new engine/wireharness will likely be going into my 90 rather than the 88 because I need that one running sooner). There is very little that I'd want to salvage from the engine compartments of my trucks. They are piles of rusty crap and the components are likely to make the new engine run poorly. I have to consider the un-likelihood of getting all that (and a new engine) again when I'm ready to start swapping.

Besides, I think you'd be happier with that 5.9L drivetrain (if the inclusion of the harness pans out). :brows: I have a 5.9 in my Dakota and she absolutely screams! jamminz.gif The XJ trans is a bit too long for your YJ (your rear driveshaft will have to get even shorter than it is now) and the wiring harness is completely different than a YJ. It'll be custom everything just to make it work. And if you're going to go custom, by golly you should get yourself a V8 man. :D

wife's grand, as for the V8 that would be great, but time to swap is hard to come buy, so I got a killer 4 banger. comp can roller rocker ported intake, turbo from an eagle talon and best of all its a drop in so can be done in a day. then only thing that I have to address is how to change the PC so that it can realize that the turbo will have to get more fule but I told that a MAP clamp and a wide band chip? (just learning turbo stuff) will correct this problem, should run better on the HWY the the stocker did,