hey jealousy....

JeepcoMJ

How the EFF did you find such a perfect MJ???

Mine needs to be fixed, although the LWB I'm looking at looks to be mint.

Looks like that one must be one that sat in a storage shed since it was bought...

HAHA. sure the floors are nice, but u don't wanna know the deal with the rockers...damned side-steps. aluminum + steel = wierd oxidization. so the rockers appear nice, but they really aren't. check the Project Project thread in projects...that's it. it shows most if not all of the rust.

anyways, the only rust on the floor (inside) is on 2 of the 4 main drain plugs, one is rusted out 1/4 inch all the way around, the rest arejust small surface rust. i found a dead mouse and a mouse nest with babies when i was cleaning it...the babies and the mother went to the chickens (yay carnivorous chickens!)

I'll have to take a few pics of my floor. I just por15'd it, other than some very minor surface rust it was mint. Not as clean as yours, but close. I just picked up some bedliner to go over the por on the floors.

just picked up 2 quarts of por15 and some hardener so I can do the floor and the rocker panels when I get to them...anyone have any opinions on application?

I'm leaning towards my gravity-feed spray gun, but I know that when I start spraying I need to keep going til i'm done...por15 hardens in air extremely quick.

def. not brush on, maybe roll-on is best? I like spray tho...

ideas?

How bad would the MJ look if it had no interior panels in it? Just the seats, dash, belts, consoles, maybe headliner and the panels that go over the doors... The old K.I.S.S. saying (keep it simple, stupid).

haha, it'd look bad. to me. I'm all about sound deadening, and being able to bring a date with me in my truck....

fit and finish is what I'm all about...if y'all haven't noticed :D I'm pretty stubborn too...

example, a stereo on an offroad vehicle is completely unnecessary. the stereo on this sucker will be a pioneer head, a pyramid 800w amplifier, and two 10" sony xplod subs, with some pioneer 4x3's behind the b-pillars, and some 6" pioneers in the door (yes, they DO fit with some trimming). when I build my half-doors I will probably have to remove the 6" from the door and mount them behind the knee-board or something.

How bad would the MJ look if it had no interior panels in it? Just the seats, dash, belts, consoles, maybe headliner and the panels that go over the doors... The old K.I.S.S. saying (keep it simple, stupid).

I'll be finding out in my MJs. I see no reason to put most of that crap back in.

cops don't like my music. and my driver's liscense doesn't like points being added.
But road rage points are the best when you hit stuff! lol j/k of course.

haha, i'm in enough legal troubles right now...one bad year full of dumb decisions for me. luckily it's not a permanent damper on my life, but right now, I can't afford any police contact...period

cops don't like my music. and my driver's liscense doesn't like points being added.
But road rage points are the best when you hit stuff! lol j/k of course.

haha, i'm in enough legal troubles right now...one bad year full of dumb decisions for me. luckily it's not a permanent damper on my life, but right now, I can't afford any police contact...period

A few tips to help you out. Here, in NYS, the state troopers have the "trooper's friends" program, its like five or ten bucks a year, and you get a new windshield sticker every year. Cops see tha, and keep going, they will give you leeway. Look into a similar program for your state.

Also, giving a small wave at them doesnt hurt either. I have actually gotten out of getting a ticket by this the officer pulled me over after i had waved as I was going 10mph over, and he just told me to slow down, and said i seemed like a nice guy cause I waved, and he decided to not give me a ticket. Beleive it or not, little stuff like that can be the determination between ticket or no ticket.

Must be nice to have such a clean MJ. I'm afraid to look under the 88's carpet.
The only spot i know is rotted in my mj is the outer half of the driver floor pan, and it's only straight sheet metal.

Beyond that, it's pretty clean, but I gotta do something about the passenger rear lower corner of the cab, apparently, the PO hit something and bent the corner a little, after I knocked a ton of body filler out, and found about 15-16 drilled out holes for the filler to adhere to better. It will be new sheet metal there when I'm done.

mine has the b-pillar plastic, and the plastic around the door and a-pillar... no carpet/headliner/backwallcarpet looks fine, its red.

gets real hot. uh, one thing worth mentioning is rubber floormats are an amazing addition, mine came with them when i bought it. not like tacky ones just simple grey (interior color)rubber floormats.

mine has the b-pillar plastic, and the plastic around the door and a-pillar... no carpet/headliner/backwallcarpet looks fine, its red.

gets real hot. uh, one thing worth mentioning is rubber floormats are an amazing addition, mine came with them when i bought it. not like tacky ones just simple grey (interior color)rubber floormats.

My buddy's mj doesnt have the headliner, or anything on the backwall. Mine has everything, but I'm thinking of getting rid of a lot of it, and doing the duramat or whatever it's called, and then get some rubber sprayed over that to keep everything completely sealed. As for interior trim, I may just follow that up the sides, and just cover any holes with some diamond plate aluminum. come to think of it, maybe I'll make some custom diamond plate aluminum to trim the cab with. Give it a cool look, but still rugged looking.

My buddy's mj doesnt have the headliner, or anything on the backwall. Mine has everything, but I'm thinking of getting rid of a lot of it, and doing the duramat or whatever it's called, and then get some rubber sprayed over that to keep everything completely sealed. As for interior trim, I may just follow that up the sides, and just cover any holes with some diamond plate aluminum. come to think of it, maybe I'll make some custom diamond plate aluminum to trim the cab with. Give it a cool look, but still rugged looking.

if you do the diamond plate, seal off any holes etc. first.

most point of the interior trim is to keep crap from gettin behind there...and it works.

Oh, it would be sealed off. But now that I think of it, diamond plate aluminum is very shiny, and would really suck going to work with, and it would reflect all the light into my eyes... Need some ideas for other options... I'd do the shaggin' wagon thing (long shaggy carpet ,from the 60's/70's) except the Jeep isn't a wagon. So it wouldn't go very well.

Oh, it would be sealed off. But now that I think of it, diamond plate aluminum is very shiny, and would really suck going to work with, and it would reflect all the light into my eyes... Need some ideas for other options... I'd do the shaggin' wagon thing (long shaggy carpet ,from the 60's/70's) except the Jeep isn't a wagon. So it wouldn't go very well.

black out the diamond plate