I got to thinking, after a few HO swaps in Renix era Jeeps, I wanted to come up with a new way to adapt the Renix TPS onto an HO TB.  Instead of multiple small pieces that could get missing when the need arises to swap a malfunctioning TPS, I thought a one piece bracket would fit the bill a little better. So here's what I've come up with.  It's a rough prototype, and required some finessing, but it's functional. 

The same MAP sensor is used on the 87-95 models, but none are throttle body mounted. 1996, the first year for the throttle body mounted MAP, was the OBD1 / OBD2 crossover year, but it's MAP sensor was still OBD1 with the OBD1 outputs over the vacuum scale. These outputs changed entirely (reversed polarity and the amplitudes were different) in 1997 for the OBD2 system. So yes, the one-off 1996 MAP sensor is the only year that will mount on the HO throttle body and work for both Renix and OBD1 systems.

How are you actuating the TPS arm, doesn't look like they are in position. Is there a missing piece to the puzzle?

A 1/4" dr 11/32" socket fits perfectly over the HO throttle "bar" (part the TPS mounts to). Trim it down to size (most are too long). And drill hole and press a rod (I used an old chunk Allen key) to actuate the Renix TPS arm. Simple, effective, and captured. I like the way you made the bracket ... way easier to make than how I made my adapter.

How are you actuating the TPS arm, doesn't look like they are in position. Is there a missing piece to the puzzle?

I hadn't gotten that far yet, but I was going to do something similar to this: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1100996

The same MAP sensor is used on the 87-95 models, but none are throttle body mounted. 1996, the first year for the throttle body mounted MAP, was the OBD1 / OBD2 crossover year, but it's MAP sensor was still OBD1 with the OBD1 outputs over the vacuum scale. These outputs changed entirely (reversed polarity and the amplitudes were different) in 1997 for the OBD2 system. So yes, the one-off 1996 MAP sensor is the only year that will mount on the HO throttle body and work for both Renix and OBD1 systems.

Right on, man! That's awesome. I'll start incorporating that into my conversions now that I've learned that.

Perfect that mount and sell me one. I want to run one of my bored throttle bodies on my 89 XJ some day....as do a lot of my customers....

Alright, I'll see what I can do lol.

Right on, man! That's awesome. I'll start incorporating that into my conversions now that I've learned that.

Of course you will need a 96 and up throttle body that has the mounting bosses for the MAP sensor. I used a bored out 62mm for mine.   :thumbsup:

Yeah then found an Allen key to fit slightly oversized for a full press fit. Trimmed the square side of the socket so the screw on the TPS holds it on, not tight but snug. Eventually I will remake my adapter to eliminate the spacers I used as well or find a better option for a spacer ... Like maybe your bracket idea.