Have a lift question

Most guys says go with eh Zone Off-road 4.5 lift. Rough Country is usually decent, but I haven't liked them in my experience. Plus the zone kit is only a few $$$ more.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4-4.5in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-comanche/j29

Most guys around here piece together their lifts. There is no really good one stop shop for a MJ lift.

The Zone kit is missing a LOT of parts to do a lift correctly.

My advice is to build your own.

I don't like that Zone kit at all.  I don't like add-a-leafs and I don't like fixed length lowers, and I don't like leaving the stock uppers. It's a pretty crappy kit really.

If you are going to go 4.5", why not go up another inch and do a spring over?  It's a very simple, cheap, and strong way to get the rear lifted.  Then you can spend the extra money to buy a complete set-up for the front.  Your truck will ride and function WAY better.

I don't like that Zone kit at all.  I don't like add-a-leafs and I don't like fixed length lowers, and I don't like leaving the stock uppers. It's a pretty crappy kit really.

If you are going to go 4.5", why not go up another inch and do a spring over?  It's a very simple, cheap, and strong way to get the rear lifted.  Then you can spend the extra money to buy a complete set-up for the front.  Your truck will ride and function WAY better.

completely agree.  i was very unhappy with my 4.5" SUA leaf packs.  ditched those and went SOA with stock 2wd leaf packs and never looked back.  

I have the 4.5 inch RC lift up front and have ran it for the past 3 years.

Things to note

- with sway bars on it is a VERY stiff and bumpy ride, I'm guessing a lot has to do with the angle they put the control arms at.

- with sway bars of it floats over stuff very well, almost a mushy feeling

- get the kit that has a adjustable track bar, you will need it. 

- track bar bracket backs out on me once a month and i have to crank down on it to tighten it it. Creates a popping sound under my feet when it is loose. Mostly when I turn. 

Most guys says go with eh Zone Off-road 4.5 lift. Rough Country is usually decent, but I haven't liked them in my experience. Plus the zone kit is only a few $$$ more.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4-4.5in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-comanche/j29

Most guys around here piece together their lifts. There is no really good one stop shop for a MJ lift.

The Zone kit is missing a LOT of parts to do a lift correctly.

My advice is to build your own.

When I said that I was trying trying to help at. I've heard most people say they like zone better. I'm just doin the Alexia lift and I would recommended that if he's wanting to go SOA

Eventually I would upgrade to adjustable arms, I've heard a SOA lift takes a lot more parts and is harder to get it right

Why would you eventually upgrade to adjustable arms? they are cheaper than the fixed arms with drop brackets and are the RIGHT way to do the lift...... Better ride and offroad performance, along with a more solid set up.... And less work to install. Its a no brainer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-and-Lower-Adjustable-Front-Control-Arms-Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-Wrangler-TJ-ZJ-/151679591326?fits=Year%3A1988%7CMake%3AJeep%7CModel%3ACherokee&hash=item2350cee39e:g:zk0AAOSwBLlVUtBq&vxp=mtr

Eventually I would upgrade to adjustable arms, I've heard a SOA lift takes a lot more parts and is harder to get it right

SOA is what happens in the rear. How you get the lift in the rear has NOTHING to do with how you get the lift and correct the steering geometry in the front.