Ditching the renix pressure bottle for a filler neck in the upper hose

As the title asks, I'm interested in the results and/or pitfalls. I am so done with plastic bottles!!

The upper hose is 1.25" inner diameter except where it bells out to 1.5" at the thermostat housing, , so I can choose which filler I want to use. 

Clearance issues? Photos? I'm thinking a recovery bottle can go over where the crappy plastic bottle and it's mounting is now.

I took out the pressure bottle and it's little mounting bracket when I converted the cooling system.  I had just bought a super cheap generic overflow bottle...it was worth every penny (aka crap).  So, I found a overflow from a Nissan Altima at the JY, that fit perfectly in the space by the heater fan and just screwed it to the firewall.  Sorry no pictures, but it works beautifully.  As far as clearance, I just mock fitted it...and it just popped right in to the desired spot, so I drilled a couple holes...now it's permanent.

I have this set up and it all tucks in fine (using the closed system radiator). I used a cheap universal overflow however I did get a factory one from a 2.5 cherokee as there was a write up on it a while back and it fit great just can't remember where. I will go out and get some pics today for you if you would like them.

I ordered 2 of the Moroso 63745 filler necks from amazon a minute ago. 

I tried slipping an upper radiator hose on a 1.5" fitting and it just won't go. The selection of 1.25 inline filler necks sucks. Moroso or plastic. No plastic for me....and it stands taller than the Moroso.

Renix pressure bottles, Jeep heater control valves.........I'm done with plastic. 

You know why the parts stores have the plastic ones on hand???? Because they fail alot.

Radiator plastic side tanks come to mind also...............

re:  overflow bottle

When I converted to 4.0, I reused my stock 2.5 overflow bottle (as shown in earlier pics).  I kept the stock 4.0 air filter box, though, and had to modify things a bit.  I deleted the EGR solenoid and associated plumbing and wiring (capped off the EGR altogether as well) and had to cut/fold the pinch seam above the inner fender to accommodate the 4.0 wiring harness behind the bottle.  It worked fine.