Ditching the renix pressure bottle for a filler neck in the upper hose

As the title asks, I'm interested in the results and/or pitfalls. I am so done with plastic bottles!!

The upper hose is 1.25" inner diameter except where it bells out to 1.5" at the thermostat housing, , so I can choose which filler I want to use.

Clearance issues? Photos? I'm thinking a recovery bottle can go over where the crappy plastic bottle and it's mounting is now.

Just get this:

http://macsradiatorshop.com/surge-overflow-tanks/replacment-jeep-radiator-fill-tanks-366.html

I fixed everything in my cooling system and it still overheated until I got one of those aluminum tanks.

As the title asks, I'm interested in the results and/or pitfalls. I am so done with plastic bottles!!

The upper hose is 1.25" inner diameter except where it bells out to 1.5" at the thermostat housing, , so I can choose which filler I want to use.

Clearance issues? Photos? I'm thinking a recovery bottle can go over where the crappy plastic bottle and it's mounting is now.

Just get this:

http://macsradiatorshop.com/surge-overflow-tanks/replacment-jeep-radiator-fill-tanks-366.html

I fixed everything in my cooling system and it still overheated until I got one of those aluminum tanks.

I did that on one of my 3 Renix Jeeps. It frickin started leaking!! Same week that a plastic replacement on another one took a crap.

Used 97 heater hoses. One thing though. The Renix Jeeps had a straight fitting coming up from the water pump and a curved heater hose there. HOs had a curved fitting from the water pump and a straight heater hose. Fortunately this 88 has a curved fitting on the water pump. 

Coolant recovery bottle is temporary.

Closed to Open cooling system parts

11038 heater hose
11039 heater hose
63745 Moroso
730-4514 rezzy
703-1698 rad cap

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Any issues with hood clearance? 

The metal saddle that the filler is gonna fit in needs to be bent down a smidgeon. 

Parts just came in. What are you using for a recovery tank? The previous owner installed cruise control where I planned on putting mine.

Thanks! Any issues with hood clearance? 

The metal saddle that the filler is gonna fit in needs to be bent down a smidgeon. 

Parts just came in. What are you using for a recovery tank? The previous owner installed cruise control where I planned on putting mine.

I used a Napa tank for overflow. 7304514

• 2 weeks later...

Had to relocate my aftermarket cruise control.

Also decided to keep the heater valve. (Not sure why) So I got one off a Dodge Caravan. 

Used a tank from a Cherokee and placed it where the old one was. 

Also went with the Moroso filler.

Overall it worked out pretty well. Great solution to solve the renix "plastic under pressure" issue. And a good way to clean up your engine bay. Thanks cruiser for providing part numbers!