Is it possible to go to the JY and come home with nothing?

mfpdm

I was wondering if others have the same problem that I do. :brows: No not that one.

I can't seem to leave the JY without buying something and it's usually not what I went there for.

For instance today I went in hopes to find a few misc interior parts or maybe get lucky and find a D44, but came home with this:

There really nice and would look great in my MJ but I'm going with gray interior. :nuts: I just couldn't leave them there.

So am I the only one, or does this happen to others? :wrench:

I managed to buy nothing today.

Only because the guy behind the counter wasn't the normal guy, so I said f' it. I ain't paying list price.

Yeah, every place around here wants way to fricking much. Almost cheaper to buy new. :roll:

I'm going to jack my own thread but this is to funny. When cleaning the seats up I notice alot of long hair on the upper part of the seats so I figured a woman had owned it, however when I flipped the seat over to clean the bottom side of the seat, there was a un-used condom duct taped to the bracket. :rotfl2: Only a guy would do something like that. :brows:

I'm going to jack my own thread but this is to funny. When cleaning the seats up I notice alot of long hair on the upper part of the seats so I figured a woman had owned it, however when I flipped the seat over to clean the bottom side of the seat, there was a un-used condom duct taped to the bracket. :rotfl2: Only a guy would do something like that. :brows:

hahahahaha :chillin:

beautiful. wouldnt use it though :redX:

I've been thinking of putting one on the 89 manche i'm gettin...

Everytime I'm at the JY I see tire carriers on different makes of vehicles and wonder if they could be made to work on an MJ. The one that looks like a good swap IMO is one off an Isuzu Rodeo. I figure it would hook to the top and bottom of the back of the bed beside the tailgate and would swing out to let the tailgate go down. The locking latch would be mounted on the tailgate. Just not sure how it would look though. :roll:

I'll get one from a cherokee and make my own latch (it's centered on the vehicle and should be on the manche). another thing I will do is cut it in half and hinge it halfway so that when i put the tailgate down, I just open the tire carrier and angle it and relatch it somehow...it will allow me to load the bed completely with the tailgate down and not have a tire sticking out into the lane next to me....

Keep in mind that the sheetmetal in the corners of the bed were never designed to hold up anything more than the tail lights. It'd probably be better to build a freestanding one that attached to a built bumper.

you do have a point, but I think I can fix that problem with a couple drill holes, some measuring, and a bracket behind there to reinforce it.

I also thought about putting brackets behind although I recently put a besttop tire carrier on my TJ that put brackets behind the mounts and the tub has still bent a little. Maybe I goofed something up when installing but I can see from that install it needs to be a solid bracket welded to the frame if possible, so there is no play.

Even though I've been thinking about the rear tire carrier, the orginal plan we had for the MJ was a custom rollbar with a tire carrier towards the rear of the bed. Something close to Pete's setup. :brows:

yeah, i like the space in the bed. so i'm gonna be making a bracket that's 1 piece and allows the tire carrier to bolt to the mj's right corner and also bolts to the inner side of the bed for extra support. maybe i'll add something else

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally did it. I went to the JY today and came home with nothing. :clapping:

However, I'm thinking of going back and getting these.

These are 86 2dr xj buckets in good condition with no major rips or tears. They are also non-rockers so they wouldn't sit up as high. I don't need them however if someone here would want them, I could go get them. Price would be probably around $50 plus another $50-$60 to ship. Would be flexible on price a little or willing to trade for something. There was something that I noticed about these seats is that they lean back farther then others that I have seen. I couldn't find any adjustment. :dunno: The front of the xj was up higher than the back. I figure if that was an issue that it could be corrected when they are put on the mj brackets.

:cheers:

2359130930066042486S600x600Q85.jpg
I officially hate you. Nothing to do with the ranger, or what's in the bed, or whatvehicle is sitting in the background, but that mighty fine pretty blue toy you have in your garage. I need me one of them. Actually, I need a big bay door first, the yj with 33's, and a 4.5" lift glides about an inch under the garage door when it's pushed up. Hard top would make the YJ screwed for fitting in the garage...

I took out 3 deer with my Capri and the Ins. co gave me a $3,200 check to get it fixed. I got $60 in parts and done some body work and went on a shopping trip for the shop. 2 weeks later I had a lift, big compresser, high-lift trans jack and a few other items :D

Charles

I have been to a JY and came home w/o anything :eek: But this is what it looks like when you go to see Wildman's :D

2359130930066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2616959410066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

:teehee: Yep.....quite the haul there.

And Thank You for shopping at Wildman's pull-n-pick ;)

Where you pull it off, and pick it up, and get it out of here.

I hope every thing works out for you Charles.

rockhard......I know where you can get a 2 post lift, south of the city for $1100 and just put in in your driveway, I seen the lifts outside down in SC ;)
Sounds good for a price, pass me the info, just maybe in a few weeks ill have me a new toy for the driveway.