Co2 tanks?

JohnQ

Those of you with a Co2 tank, where to you get them filled at? I bought my 20lb power-tank used from a buddy of mine and need to get it filled.

Where did everyone mount theirs?

Find a fire extiguisher company. They are usually the cheapest we have around here. Also you need to check the date on the tank cause to get it filled it has to be in the test date range. Have to be tested every 5 years I think.

I use a place called ABBCO welding Supply. Costs me about 15 for a 10# and 20 for the 20# tank.

That lill tank will just about fill four tires and its empty!! It uses paint ball type tanks!! Nice Idea, but not for filling tires.

I have the one in my TJ mounted behind the seats centered. In the MJ I have it right next to the base of the roll bar. I have the same brackets as you.

CW

I have a 10lb source. It cost $10.81 for a fill at united fire in tucson. You must release all the co2 in the tank before having it refilled or there is an additional service charge of $10 for them to do it and they can’t refill until the tank goes back to ambient temps. They fill it while I wait in five minutes. There is a bottling company here that will refill them for $5 but too far for me to go to.

Here’s a chart. tipshades.gif

http://www.powertank.com/charts.specs

• 4 weeks later...

It's nice, i can't see the page but it looks like a smaller unit..., but ya might as well save up the extra $400 for a bigger one. you won't be happy with the small amount of work you can do with a "smaller" one.

we're buying my dad a hardly used upright permanent air compressor that's 100 gallon with a single stage 3 rotor pump. wish it were dual stage but w/e.

I agree buy the bigest 220 air compressor you can afford. Also look for one theat can flow more then 12cfm at 90 PSI. Most of your high end air tools use high pressure air. It is better to buy to big of a tool then wish you had bought a bigger one

I have a nice 5hp dual stage 180 gallon 15cfm@90psi 220v compressor in my garage. :D Needs a new compressor unit though, the old one died a few years back. My 1hp 120V 33gallon 12cfm@90psi tank has been holding the wait for a new compressor unit so far. I just hate it due to it's annoying weedwacker sound...

I have a nice 5hp dual stage 180 gallon 15cfm@90psi 220v compressor in my garage. :D Needs a new compressor unit though, the old one died a few years back. My 1hp 120V 33gallon 12cfm@90psi tank has been holding the wait for a new compressor unit so far. I just hate it due to it's annoying weedwacker sound...

why not buy a new lung for it... much cheaper. Also look in the local classifieds... you can sometimes find a compressor that has a burnt up motor for lil or nothing... being you got a good motor

Where did you guys get your regulators and does anyone have a cheap source for them. I got a tank but no regulator to run it.

Cole

All you need is a "single" regulator.

I also got my five pound tank here.

all delivered, about a hundred bucks.

a lot cheaper than a Powertank and just as good.

BOB

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbee ... 3011.shtml

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbee ... /co2.shtml

why not buy a new lung for it... much cheaper. Also look in the local classifieds... you can sometimes find a compressor that has a burnt up motor for lil or nothing... being you got a good motor

New lung?

Meaning tank, or the compressor pump itself? I havn't found the pump I want yet, I gotta check with Ingersoll Rand and see what they have. My big compressor has over 35yrs of use, and the only one I have seen on ebay, went for nearly 3,000 bucks with a shot motor. I wonder what the damn thing retailed for new??? My dad got it from his old work (former Great Lakes Carbon, Niagara Facility), when they upgraded their equipment, for free. He got a bunch of tools too, and then the place went out of business a few yrs later.