Who has over 200,000 on a daily driver?

I don't DD my 225,000 mile '91 but I could. It has no problem with doing 400 mile round trip parts runs or driving a couple of hundred miles going to and from a park including 6 hours or so of wheeling. Took the

valve cover off to replace the gasket and it looked new under there. Great oil pressure.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1988 short bed 4x4 4.0 auto with 309,000. I've had it 3 years, got it because the body is in good shape. It drives great and I commute to work 32mi r/t to keep miles off my 2014 Rubicon. I've replaced quite a bit of original parts. I love it but it's not easy having 2 vehicles in the city (baltimore) and my insurance is over $400 a year.

My dd zj has 203k on it, xj has 280k. Before that, my first truck, a '90 Chevy silverado with the 5.7 had 38X,XXX miles on it when I sold it. All of which are/have been my dd and/or only vehicle. Mj has an unknown amount of miles on a questionable 2.8 with the sloppiest transmission in the Midwest, a leaking slave cylinder that can't be removed without a torch, and door gaps you can stick your hand through, and I dd'd it for a year before getting the zj

1988 short bed 4x4 4.0 auto with 309,000. I've had it 3 years, got it because the body is in good shape. It drives great and I commute to work 32mi r/t to keep miles off my 2014 Rubicon. I've replaced quite a bit of original parts. I love it but it's not easy having 2 vehicles in the city (baltimore) and my insurance is over $400 a year.

I would love to pay $400 a year for insurance. I pay $90 a month just for my mj.

My '92 has 231K on the odometer.  It passed Colorado emissions, runs 40+psi oil pressure above idle, and uses a qt. of Dino oil about every 1,800mi.  So far it doesn't mark its spot in the garage since the valve cvr gasket was replaced.  The only issue is a recently ticking lifter at idle.  Gonna try a BG oil additive to see if it'll clean the varnish out of the offending bugger.  Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

I've got about 250,000 miles (over 400,000 km) on a '95 Ford Taurus. Someone I worked with parked their '91 at around 500,000 miles (over 800,000 km). She's a work beater, but runs good and doesn't seem to use any oil. The major deciding factor will probably be how long the body lasts.