Fixable?

snakedoc67

local pick apart punched a hole in what looks to be a brand new tank. Was wondering what the opinions were towards the cost of a repair and if its worth it. Hole is in the left rear of the tank and not sure what they would charge me for the tank. I already stripped everything else off of it but not often you see something this shiny underneath. lol 

Anything can be fixed. Question is whether it's worth it or not. I have repaired gas tanks by welding, brazing, soldering and by using glass. From the pic, it's my opinion that tank is reparable.

Weld it up if you are able to.  I've welded a few gas tanks / fuel lines.   Just make sure there is no vapors left in them.  Last tank I welded I filled with the welding gas to force out any fumes that may have been left inside.

Anything can be fixed. Question is whether it's worth it or not. I have repaired gas tanks by welding, soldering and by using glass. From the pic, it's my opinion that tank is reparable.

Fixable? - yes. Feasible ecnomially? - I doubt it. It's most likely an "offshore" aftermarket tank; I think you would be better off springing for a new tank. They are not that expensive.

If the price is right .....next to free....it could be welded easy......you would't even have to braze it it could be mig'd or tig'd (you could just slap a patch right over top if you wanted....)

Please tell me you got that rim in the background....(and it's other 3 sisters)  . :MJ 1: .

If the price is right .....next to free....it could be welded easy......you would't even have to braze it it could be mig'd or tig'd (you could just slap a patch right over top if you wanted....)

Please tell me you got that rim in the background....(and it's other 3 sisters)  . :MJ 1: .

The rim and one of its sisters is still on the donor at the JY. I am going back later this week to pull off the bed, windows and other parts i think are useable. If you was interested, I'd pull them for you, JY's price is $20 per wheel.