Mj Wanted

moparman82

I am looking for a Comanche. As of right now I have a 2001 xj and have always wanted an MJ but due to going to college and paying for it all by myself its hard. I would like to find a 87-91 Mj with a 4.0 and AX-15 4 wheel drive. Preferably drivable miles don't matter. I appreciate everyone's help.

Where in Colorado are you located. I'm in Colorado springs.

Who?  Me?  Says Littleton under my avatar.........

Oh and Don brings the phunnay........ 87 MJ's huh Jim?  Yeah, I'm definitely a ways behind that...... :laughin:

Can I get in on this topic as well? I am in New England and have been searching everywhere for a Comanche. I came across one in CT the other day, but by the time I contacted the guy and set up a time to see it, it was sold. I am not so sure about the ones on EBay I have seen. It appears that they keep allowing the auctions to go off, and then they are back up two days later because the seller did not get the 8 grand they were looking for. I have been looking for a 4.0 5 speed with 4x4 but it appears that my search is not yielding many results. Does anyone have suggestions on how to increase my search?

A big 10-4 on that. I have about every configuration Jeep ever made but my favorite, and daily driver is a 1987 2wd, 2.5 AX4. Every body wants a 4.0, 4wd, 5spd and they just never made that many of them. If you really have the need for one, in my opinion, buy a 2.5 or engineless, MJ body, 2wd and a XJ with all the goodies. Then start swapping. Dollarwise it'll cost about the same if not a little cheaper and you can get what you want. My $2 dollars worth.

The one in CT I went to go look at was a 2.5 5speed 2WD. I am not ruling anything out. I would prefer the 4x4 because I fish so much I always wind up down somewhere where I shouldn't be. If you guys know anyone in New England that is an Comanche lifer, I would appreciate it! Maybe they can point me in the right direction.