90 Mj Long Bed In Junkyard Cleveland Ohio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOMEBODY PULL THOSE FENDERS! Even if you don't want them... Someone will..

Rob

THIS! 

Dando or StrokerMJ......... if either of you are close to this junkyard, please do pull these fenders if they're in good useable shape.  Even if only one of them is good.  More photos of them would be good too.  If the fiberglass is separating or if they've been banged around, they may not be worth saving, but regardless........ this is a RARE opportunity!

I have been fortunate enough to have snagged a pair of these from a California yard.  Someone else here may want them and should get the chance to get them.   But if not, I would be very interested in them.

So yes, please, please, please someone go rescue these fenders!  

Anybody else notice what's up with the front bumper corners...

Uh... sad realization here... :doh:  The lines in the middle look to me like they disappear around the corner. Also how the corner cap flares out as it extends back and the sharp line from the fender flare down... I bet there was more to it at one point.

390212_340700509362152_246008906_n.jpg

I will be going back to the yard on Friday morning, make a list of parts wanted and I will gladly grab them as long as someone wants them, I'm pretty sure the front bumper spoiler was in the bed of the truck

Closer shot of one fender, also it is a 4.0 2wd 5speed. Has full cluster, rear slider window, sunroof, gas tank, tailgate, one complete taillight, stock rear bumper with small dents

Wow....Neohic called it..... Sure looks like the remnants of a front bumper spoiler alright. Given that those spoilers/air dams were one piece, I'd be surprised if the rest of it was in the bed..... Looks like those cap corners were cut clean as if to remove the busted up lower portion.

If it is there..... And no big pieces are missing.... It may be able to be put together enought to make a mold....

And yeah that closer pic of the left fender sure looks very promising...... Mine have damage to the front faces where the forklift risers pressed into them.....likely when the yard guy moved it around. This one looks good.

Why can't this kind of stuff appear in my junk yards?!?!?

I will be going back to the yard on Friday morning, make a list of parts wanted and I will gladly grab them as long as someone wants them, I'm pretty sure the front bumper spoiler was in the bed of the truck

Again, if theyre solid and useable..... Put me down as a buyer for one or both of the fenders, but I want others to get the chance first. Safe to say..... You have a buyer for those if no one else jumps on them.

What are the prices like at that yard? If prices are cheap and I could figure out a way to get up there since I'm only 2hrs away, I'd love those flares, rear bumper, and maybe the rear axle depending on what it is.

I just looked up the part pricing,

GirsMJ86 - I would be happy to grab the parts on Friday for you if you can't get up there by then, pm me if you seriously want this stuff.

91comanche91kid - the driver side taillight is the good one on the truck. Is is missing one of the bumper lights because I took it. I can gladly get you the other light and whatever is left of the wiring. Also pm me and we can figure it out if you are serious.

On the rest of the parts, I will be there when they open at 8am, by 8:30am I will post photos to this thread of anything you guys want, just let me know, don't want this to go to waste. I will be grabbing he flares either way as it seems I have at least two people interested.

Shipping on things that size is stupid-expensive.  It's not the weight itself (those fenders weigh about 10 lbs each, not heavy at all) it's the shipping company and their "dimensional weight".......as in how much space on their trucks it takes up.

The fenders I had snatched up for me cost $100 at the yard.  Shipping was over $350...... yes, $350.  Boxed and sent UPS Commercial Freight.

If I were to do that again, I'd have to find a trucker making the haul from there to here.  Probably only have to hand him a benjamin for doing it.  Or look into Greyhound - not ideal as the fenders could end up getting moved to/from several busses along the route.

Hopefully that truck isn't close to being crushed or crushed already....... ya never know how long it's been there already before dando discovered it........

Most pick and pull type yards don't keep cars around for more than 30 days.  They set out rows, then crush that row, then fill it again on a regular cycle. 

Please, please, please let that truck and those fenders still be there......... :crossfingers:

Unplanned trip to hospital ruined junkyard plans for this am, sorry guys, talked to the yard though and they will not be removing the truck for at least two weeks. Will be going on Monday morning again though, so let me know if your interested in anything