Gauging intrest

pingpong

Now the question is... for rails what thickness, and mount to the pinch weld or not? round or rectangle?

I know some of you have seen MJjeffs rear... where it mounts flush with the tail gate, is that what you are liking, or would you want it to drop down and not need any body mods?

I just now need to find a stock non butchered rig to start making a few templates

I volunteer my vehicle, lol.

Personally I like the look of round tube coming off the side of the rails. And I do like a bumper that is flush with tail gate.

and mount to the pinch weld or not

????????

Hope it helps.

Now the question is... for rails what thickness, and mount to the pinch weld or not? round or rectangle?

I know some of you have seen MJjeffs rear... where it mounts flush with the tail gate, is that what you are liking, or would you want it to drop down and not need any body mods?

I just now need to find a stock non butchered rig to start making a few templates

I like the idea of rectangle rails that are thick enough to take some abuse. And a rear bumper that I could bolt on without any mods to the body with some recovery points on it.

A rear bumper would be nice.

My thoughts on rock rails:

-MJs don't have the pinch seam beyond the cab,

-many of us don't have pinch seams left. :(

-They are wicked easy to make if they don't mess with the seam. Just buy a couple 8' 2"x2"-3/16wall tube for rails/supports (I recommend 3 supports per side) and about 4 feet of 3"x3" angle iron. Do all the prep work (measuring/cutting to size) and then take the whole shi-bang to a local pro. I got all the welding on mine done for $100 and it was worth every penny. :D

I think bolt-on parts with no body modifying necessary would be nice.

The average person just wants to buy something and bolt it on, without having to mess with anything else. If they did, there's a good chance they would've built it themselves.

Rock sliders and rear bumpers would be nice. I've already got em, but if I didn't have em, I'd whine or make my own.

Here is a pic of the rails I had on Pong... 3 mounts to the frame plus along the pinch weld

473009368ALItOo_th.jpg

here is a pic of the rear

474343876qevznJ_th.jpg

Needless to say the the hitch will be moved up and centered on the newer versions

474346984Zkdkno_th.jpg

I gog to looking a there are a million companies offering the fronts, I guess I could do custom stuff local, like stingers and what not.

BTW I just ordered this

http://www.pro-tools.com/105.htm

with the 6" 240* die :D

i would take the exact bumper you SOLD off pong, with tie in points to the rear frame, and requires a cut of the lower edge of the bed after the wheel to allow it to be like a rear-slider bumper.

(i can't tell from the pics if thats the one I'm thinkin of)

and as for sliders, bolt-ons that tie into the pinch seams would be nice. i like rectangular tube, come out barely enough to have a small ledge there allowing it to protect the door handles

Now that I know what ppl want I need Jeff to pop back on the site so I can make a few templates using his rig.

Shipping on the bumpers won't be cheap, the one Jeff got from me even after removing the rock rails of the side weighed a bunch.

Now thats not Pong on its side... Its a pic of Upper wompom at PAP, it is the far right line up the obstacle... kinda knarly line.. Puts you on some pretty off chamber stuff

Here is a pic of Pong on his side

2636211000057109497viRawE_th.jpg

That sure is Crozet... That is Body Shop, going through it backwards :D Talk about fun :driving:

i knew it, I've seen so many flop and roll right there. My LJ is way too pretty to take it on anything higher than the lowests of blacks there. That place is a place, wish I could go this weekend. :cry: We'll have to link up there for one of their rides.

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting on my Bender to get here, and as far as bumpers and sliders, I need to find an unmolested rig to make a jig off of it.

I was wanting to make the rails and other parts fit tight, so Making generic off of some measurements at first really isnt an option.

I have some pretty cool ideas floating around in my head, when it comes to rear bumpers, Tailgates, and tail light armor. :brows:

All parts will be built to be abused, and feature the option to weld on, or just bolt on

IT just came :D now I have to get off my lazy @$$ and pour some concrete so I can make a mounting spot :eek: Then go buy some tubing and start playing. I think I am going to order a Bend tech program before I start doing anything hard