Gauging intrest

pingpong

Well I just went and picked up steel to start making bumpers. Fot the ppl interested in BUYING one I need a few questions answered.

Do you want it built out of

2"x4"x1/8 rectangular tubing

2'X4"x1/4 C channel

Do you want it with or with out rock rails?

Flush mount or Wrap around I will be offering the rock rail option with a no Cut version as well. The no cut version will be slightly higher due to the use of more steel, and shipping might be a touch higher due to added weight.

The C channel one will weigh about 10 -15 pouinds more then the one with tubing.

If you have a custom idea.. let me know, and I am sure I can accomadate something.

I only have access to a SWB rig to make a jig off of at the moment, so LWB Sliders might be available shortly, but SWB will be available as soon as I get measurements (monday)

• 3 weeks later...

Is this one made out of the rectangular tubing or the c channel?

I'll take mine just like this one. :D

Image Not Found

Any idea when you will have some available?

I also need some matching rock rails.

I made up a bunch of mounting bracket blanks Last week, depending on work schedule, and the weather, and when Jeff and I can get together they should be on the market soon...

I replied to you PM, I need to know if you want "C" channel or rectangular tubing... If all goes well I can have a few ready for mounting in no time... then it is just a matter of finding a shipper that I can set an account up to that will pick up from the house.

count me in for some sliders and possibly a rear bumper :brows: :brows:

I need to know if it is a SWB or a LWB, if you ever plan on running Long arms, and what kind of tubing and mounting set up you want. PM with you wants, be advised rock rails are still aways off, cause the jig is harder to make, as the frame has different angles at each mounting location.

Is this one made out of the rectangular tubing or the c channel?

I'll take mine just like this one. :D

Image Not Found

Any idea when you will have some available?

I also need some matching rock rails.

John (and anyone else that's considering a tucked in bumper), to do a flush-mount bumper, you'll have to cut out the body panel beneath the tailgate, and loose the spare tire winch. To keep the spare still underneath, you'll have to get creative and make a new cradle or something to hold it there, and it'll probably be too low to be practical. This didn't bother me (I just tossed the spare in the bed for now), and am planning to use the little bit of space left under the bed for an OBA tank. Here’s what I cut out, and a shot of what room is left:

Jeff

Starting out:

Image Not Found

cut out:

Image Not Found

finished:

Image Not Found