Mj Light Bulb List & LED Replacements

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So there should be a climate control light? Mine is pitch black!!!! I assume it must be burnt out. How do you replace it, back behind I assume?

Same here, assumed there was no light because mine isn't illuminated at all. I'd love to see a how-to on replacing it

Take off the dash bezel, and there will be 4 screws holding the HVAC panel on. Take out the screws and pull the HVAC panel out a little bit. The bulb is in a twist lock socket on the right (I think) side of the panel. Just pop the old bulb out and put the new one in.

• 1 month later...

Take off the dash bezel, and there will be 4 screws holding the HVAC panel on. Take out the screws and pull the HVAC panel out a little bit. The bulb is in a twist lock socket on the right (I think) side of the panel. Just pop the old bulb out and put the new one in.

So there should be a climate control light? Mine is pitch black!!!! I assume it must be burnt out. How do you replace it, back behind I assume?

Same here, assumed there was no light because mine isn't illuminated at all. I'd love to see a how-to on replacing it
When I bought my XJ the hvac was not backlit. When I swapped cluster I pulled things apart and notcied that the connector had come out of it's home. Bulb lit up, but it was stuck behind panel.

Not to say that others aren't burned out. But, in mine it was apparent people tinkered and fubar'd dash wiring and such for some reason.