Engine Help..

I got a donor 88 4.0 today and looked under the hood and saw that I was missing quite a bit.. Not stating the obvious air cleaner box, brake master cylinder, etc. But there are some loose wires/connectors under the hood that I have no idea where they go..

Thanks everyone.

Yeah it's right next to the valve cover.. The other question I have is there isn't anything plugged into the connector below the coil plug (closest to firewall) not sure what that does. Next are the plugs/wires in the last picture (mess) they are on the driver's side closest to the headlight (underhood).  

Thanks for the help

Well some good news I think... Pulled the c101 connector and no black tar. Looks like someone has already cleaned it and put do electric grease on there. Also new battery cables and such.. Previous owner did some work...

• 3 weeks later...

Top photo I think is the connector to the aux fan sensor in the radiator tank. The relay in the third photo is the relay for the aux fan.

I think one of the connectors in the last photo is for the windshield washer pump. Not sure on the other two.

Connector for Auxilary fan

Big thing on the left is acutally a relay (just now noticed) for fog lights. I do not know what the other one is.

Driver's fender...

From Left to Right:   Auxilary fan relay, EGR stuff, Fuel pump ballast resistor

Two little black plugs are indeed for the washer fluid bottle pumps, Cherokees have two pumps, Comanches only one.

Big Brown is for washer fluid bottle level sensor.

Little plug in the background, on the brake distribution block, brake fluid level/pressure sensor.Thats what its called right?

It doesn't check the fluid level, but it "senses" difference between front and back line pressure by sliding a plunger that gets pressure from both lines. When one is lower pressure, the plunger slides sideways and trips the switch the plug is attached to.