Blower Motor Problems

So recently my blower motor has decided to have a mind of its own, Half the time it works.. Half the time it doesnt.

Last time i had the hood open, i closed it hard & the motor started working again. This time when it quit, I tapped it with a hammer.. And it started again.

So I'm assuming that this is like a starter? Going to fail soon / needs to be replaced?

Anyone got a guide how to replace it?

86 Comanche, With 95 dash/etc.

Didnt really find any guides on google

the blower motor should be exceptionally easy to access even with the dash. Just open the hood, on the passenger side theres 3 bolts that hold it in, its the round deal in the corner.

Yea, Thats what it looked like to me, But you can never be too sure... Nothing is ever THAT simple :thumbsup:

Now, New or junkyard. Decisions decisions.

I got mine new from autozone for $25 and had to solder the plug on. A month later bought one for my brother from autozone and it already had the plug. Takes about 40 minutes if you are really careful and clean things in that area. Can be tricky to maneuver through the hoses near the purge tank. Ended up having to replace one on my brothers as we tweaked the rubber enough to initiate a small leak.

I got mine new from autozone for $25 and had to solder the plug on. A month later bought one for my brother from autozone and it already had the plug. Takes about 40 minutes if you are really careful and clean things in that area. Can be tricky to maneuver through the hoses near the purge tank. Ended up having to replace one on my brothers as we tweaked the rubber enough to initiate a small leak.

Ended up actually breaking a nipple off the windsheild washer resivoir.. Threw a whole gallon of rainx all over the brand new Blower motor! :thumbsup:

Nothing a screw couldnt fix though~

Do the Autozone ones come with gaskets?

Idk about the more expensive ($29~) One, But the $21 version does not. Assuming none of them do.

My gasket was brand new looking though, Not sure if they ever really go out on it..

Ended up actually breaking a nipple off the windsheild washer resivoir.. Threw a whole gallon of rainx all over the brand new Blower motor! :thumbsup:

Are you talking about your coolant tank???? that is antifreeze not windshield washer reservoir.

Are you talking about your coolant tank???? that is antifreeze not windshield washer reservoir.

The coolant resivoir is more towards the front of my truck, The washer resivoir is straight on top of the blower motor.

Has a 95 engine / works, I didnt do the swap.