Exhaust

Why do I bother with you.  :dunno:   More misinformation.

First you said "I noticed that 2wd and 4wd are inverted from each other or it could be a year difference."

Now it's "When I switched from stick to auto I ran into it."

The rubber insulator pictured below is universal for all. The smile is UP. The universal bracket for all (P/N 52003040) fits the rubber UP smile, as shown in whatever pic you posted.

insulator-front-pipe-bracket_1396.jpg

This one looks like a frowny face to me (original, stock exhaust)

so, if I buy the part listed from Arizona parts, will it be the whole assembly? I talked the the guy there and he don't know either. just that they have it for 20 bucks. 

No, it will be just the bracket, part #9 as pictured in the parts diagram previously.

Then bring it to a local muffler shop. That's their business. They'll probably use an aftermarket hanger.

X2

If you look at a common front hanger for a older Grand Cherokee it could easily bolt in ( you would need both parts not just the one)

• 2 months later...

Can you read?  The below IS the part number for #9. 2WD and 4WD use the same part support.

P/N 52003040, EXHAUST DOWNPIPE SUPPORT, 1987-2001 JEEP XJ/MJ, $20.00.

You can get it here:  http://www.arizonaparts.com/

Call the guy and order it if you want it. I've done business with him before - good guy.

i typed in the part number and nothing came up, so as of right now I'm looking to buy this anywhere else i could get it

no i need the bracket the slides into the rubber piece, but as i re-read through this there is one problem, i don't have the flange on the catalytic converter, the flange rotted so i cut it off and welded an adapter onto it. so i need one with an actual exhaust clamp on it

yea i didnt know the part number would cross reference to their web site, i typed make model and year and hit exhaust system and no brackets came up, but yes i found when i did the part number

thank you