Exhaust Hangers

guys, my 87 2.5 manche has 2 hanger locations. one near the tail pipe and another further forward of the same design. question is, there is a bracket bolted up underneath with a piece of rubber like strapping connected to it. looks like some kind of a hanger assembly and looks incomplete. I just put a new system on and there are no mounting points for this other strapping point. is this an exhaust hanger? my system does hit the cross member from time to time while driving. I will be doing both engine and trans mounts soon but they don't seem to be to the point where the pipe should contact the cross member. 

If you are talking about the one at the cross member go to the link above and look at post #13 it show s a picture of the whole thing....now look at the parts list and tell us what you need?

Ok look at pic #13   that bracket bolts to the car flange then slides into the half pipe looking rubber with the half moon in it that is mounted in the box shaped holder mounted on the cross member.

There is no "strap" at the front from the factory :dunno:  

but how does that bracket connect to the exhaust?

If you look at the large exploded picture.....the down pipe (1) bolts by a 4 bolted flange end to the cat/pipe ( #4 or #12) the bracket (#9) bolts up right at that junction...I have see them with 2 studs....like the picture ....or just holes that would take bolts

This pic is taken from the passenger side looking back on the cross-member.....

On my mj the u shaped bar is bolted to the back side of the exhaust flange and faces to the front (is this the part you are looking for?)

ok, I'm getting close. I was looking at something entirely different. I was looking on the frame rail there is a bracket with a strap attached to it and thought that was it. I now see the half moon hole where the bracket goes in. so I need everything from the half moon hole rearward. will the part 52003040 from Arizona parts come with everything I need? there is no available pic to show whats included.

Your description has me a bit confused…..  :dunno:

So my answer is this….if you have right now the rubber isolator with the “U” shaped cut out in some way bolted to your cross member

….then all you will need is the part you say (52003040)….ask if it comes with bolts…..if not you will have to get a couple of appropriate bolts to bolt her up.

This might not be for you but for anyone out there who needs one of these and has some fab skills:

1) An angle grinder with a cut off wheel to cut a piece of pipe length wise twice (to make the half pipe)

2) A  3”x 3” piece of 10 ga. steel….drill 2 hole…..grind the arc cut out for the pipe…..weld  the u-pipe you made at 90°……..done deal 

This pic is taken from the passenger side looking back on the cross-member.....

On my mj the u shaped bar is bolted to the back side of the exhaust flange and faces to the front (is this the part you are looking for?)

That looks like the setup on my Comanche. Frowny face and not smiley. The plate is attached to the trans mount and not the crossbar on mine.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/41384-exhaust/?p=421749

• 2 months later...

well, I'm right in the middle of installing that exhaust down pipe support bracket. kind of a pita by yourself cause I have to drop the down pipe to get the bracket in place. now to bolt up the down pipe back to the mani. just had to clear the dirt out of my eyes. lol

Arizona parts pn# 52003040. exhaust down pipe support bracket.

google Arizona parts and they will be listed NOS MOPAR parts. this place only takes check or money orders, no card transactions or paypal so the turn around time is a couple weeks. part was 20 bucks and 10 shipping to jersey. you will need to drop the down pipe in order to get it on but well worth it.