Pioneer Decals for SWB comanche's?

Rob S

Hey all, like the topic says, I'm looking for new decals for my 89 Pioneer. Is there a source for these? I plan on a repaint, I want the decals/strip that goes down the body and ends on the bed with pioneer.

Anyone?

Yes, Spencer is the man jamminz.gif

Jeepstickers.com

ME bad, he is wating for me to sent him some samples that I picked up as old/new stock, and some measurements to start making New Pioneer side decals, might also make some Sportruck decals.

But, he want to know about the demand for side decals, if it's worth the time and set-up to make them for just a couple, or there is going to be a good run on them.

The tail gate decals started out good, then fizzled.

Plus, he has a "day job" doing commerical printing, which is his bread and butter, and the jeep stickers is his "Fun" projects. So give it some time, and we will all wait and see what Spencer comes up with ;)

if thats the case, how do I know what my MJ is? 89 SWB 4x4 auto (floor shift) 4.0L D30/35, carpet interior, bucket seats.

I believe my truck has been repainted... so I don't know if it ever had stickers or anything.

if thats the case, how do I know what my MJ is? 89 SWB 4x4 auto (floor shift) 4.0L D30/35, carpet interior, bucket seats.

I believe my truck has been repainted... so I don't know if it ever had stickers or anything.

it should say on the title what package it is. like my 91 says "ELIM" my 86 said "X" and my 88 said "ELIM".

Alex

it should say on the title what package it is. like my 91 says "ELIM" my 86 said "X" and my 88 said "ELIM".

Alex

:???: Maybe in Ohio, I'm looking at NY and a PA titles and there is no mention of the trim package.

You will find the trim package in the Vin number.

For 1989-90, location 5&6-

5th place=

J = Cherokee or Comanche - 4WD

T = Cherokee or Comanche - 2WD

6th place=

2 = Base

3 = Pioneer

5 = Laredo

6 = Cherokee Sport

7 = Limited

For 1987-88 total diffrent set of numbers, I checked a '88 and a'89 and there both right.

I think that the 2 = Base is also the Sportruck? Anyone know diffrent? and I don't know where the Chief is, was not listed here.

The 7th location should be a #6 = Truck (Body Style)

Above was taken from 1981-1993 Jeep Parts Manual

I think that the 2 = Base is also the Sportruck? Anyone know diffrent? and I don't know where the Chief is, was not listed here.

I believe the SporTruck was, indeed, the base model. I have an '88 4-cyl SporTruck. It has the door-mounted, "flag" style sude mirror (driver's door only), black "station wagon" steering wheel, vinyl upholstered bench seat, and rubber floor mat rather than carpet. It's rather ... "basic."

I believe the SporTruck was, indeed, the base model. I have an '88 4-cyl SporTruck. It has the door-mounted, "flag" style sude mirror (driver's door only), black "station wagon" steering wheel, vinyl upholstered bench seat, and rubber floor mat rather than carpet. It's rather ... "basic."

The chart I have for '87-88, the 8th place on the Vin would be a #1 = Comanche Base, #5 = Comanche Eliminator, P = Pioneer, S =Chief, T = Larado (in the 4001-5000 GVWR class) changes again for the MT trucks.

Here's a close up picture of the Pioneer decal-

9891286_348.ts1176599168000.jpg

That brown stuff on the box side is New York Mud - AKA: Rust.

Hey Guys, I am still around... Jeepsticker is a side gig, but something I love doing.. More than my regular client design work. I gotta get down to CWs house and take some meaurements from his MJ.. I want to get these for sale, but it's tough since I do not own an MJ.

The chart I have for '87-88, the 8th place on the Vin would be a #1 = Comanche Base, #5 = Comanche Eliminator, P = Pioneer, S =Chief, T = Larado (in the 4001-5000 GVWR class) changes again for the MT trucks.

Your chart can't be for 87 and 88, because the Eliminator didn't exist in those years. The first year for the Eliminator was either 90 or 91.

The original MJ FSM lists the following for trim levels, indicated by the 8th character of the VIN

7 = X

8 = XL

9 = XLS

F = Custom (Metric Ton)

G = X (Metric Ton)

H = XL (Metric Ton)

J = XLS (Metric Ton)

Unlike my original XJ FSM, this one is just the original 1985 edition (even though I bought it almost 20 years later). The XK FSM was the '86 book but it included several chapters added to the back of the book to cover some of the 1987 updates (but not all).

----------------

[EDIT]Hmmm ... According to Jp Magazine, the Eliminator debuted in 1989. That's not my recollection, but that's what they say.

I found the following link, which I pass along for what it's worth. I don't have enough reference material handy to check it for accuracy.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/VIN/jeep.html

first year for the eliminator was in 88, only as 2wd though. then in 90 they were offered as 4x4 also. this i know, i had an 88 eliminator 2wd and i now have a 91 eliminator 4wd. if i still had the vin for the 88 i would show you. but all i have left from that is pics. but Brett M is who i sold it to. he doesnt get on much anymore but it is the truck that he is turning into his street mj.

here is robs page on comanche history:

http://www.comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo6.html

about halfway down you see a pic of a black elim and this title:

1988: Fine tuning and the Eliminator.

my parts list page from the dealership i use to work at also states 88 as the first year for them, since it lists decals for the eliminator for 88.

and i wouldnt go off of jps info since we have proven stuff in there to be wrong, and they said they got all the info from cdx, what do they know.

Alex

first year for the eliminator was in 88, only as 2wd though. then in 90 they were offered as 4x4 also. this i know, i had an 88 eliminator 2wd and i now have a 91 eliminator 4wd. if i still had the vin for the 88 i would show you. but all i have left from that is pics. but Brett M is who i sold it to. he doesnt get on much anymore but it is the truck that he is turning into his street mj.

here is robs page on comanche history:

http://www.comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo6.html

about halfway down you see a pic of a black elim and this title:

1988: Fine tuning and the Eliminator.

my parts list page from the dealership i use to work at also states 88 as the first year for them, since it lists decals for the eliminator for 88.

and i wouldnt go off of jps info since we have proven stuff in there to be wrong, and they said they got all the info from cdx, what do they know.

Alex

Thats correct, here is a link you guys might like, great Comanche info.

http://comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo6.html

And keep us posted on the stickers, if I can help with measurments let me know, I'd be happy to do it.

Pioneer decals - I was working on that today, I got a sample decal to ship up to Spencer, along with the measurments and some pictures. Been sitting here for over a month, I just back burner it, and the darn day job keeps getting in the way :cry:

I'll get them out this week, I'm sure Spencer would like to know how many people are instrested in this project?? Drop him a note.

Eagle - I would take your FSM over the chart that I have from the Parts Manual, I would not take what JP prints, as Alex said, there been some issue with them before. That anglefire link has about the same as my chart shows. I will try to scan the charts I have and upload them, there printed from Adobe and I'll see what the :typing: can do. I've been on computers since '86 and they still get the best of me :oops: But self taught all the way. Ah....the 286 was so easy, only did one thing thought :teehee:

In regards to website offered by Eagle about VIN. I've got an "86 L/B, 4wd, OEM w/ 2.46L, 3spd A/T w/column shift. The web site was on the money except for 8th digit. They show as 4,001-5000 lbs. xj limited. Probable that printer of web is wrong since I have MJ & Factory manual has mine listed as an XLS (digit 9). I do have OEM manuals for MJ printed in 7/85 & "89 manual printed in "88. "89 Manual does confirm existance of Eliminator in "89' 6th digit being"6" .

mjcanoe

In regards to website offered by Eagle about VIN. I've got an "86 L/B, 4wd, OEM w/ 2.46L, 3spd A/T w/column shift. The web site was on the money except for 8th digit. They show as 4,001-5000 lbs. xj limited. Probable that printer of web is wrong since I have MJ & Factory manual has mine listed as an XLS (digit 9). I do have OEM manuals for MJ printed in 7/85 & "89 manual printed in "88. "89 Manual does confirm existance of Eliminator in "89' 6th digit being"6" .

mjcanoe

Whoohoo! Matching trucks! :cheers: