Pioneer Decals for SWB comanche's?

Rob S

I stand corrected (on the '88 Eliminator).

Now ... about those Pioneer decals. What year(s) were they used? My '87 SWB is a Pioneer, and it doesn't have ANY decals. It has the same plastic "Pioneer" badge on the front fenders that my '88 XJ Pioneer has.

my brother has an 88 longbed pioneer with decals.

perhaps the decals were an option? them or the badge? he doesn't have a pioneer badge...

that is what it was. you could get the decals or the badges, or both for the extra cash. but most just got one or the other. or this is what i learned from the dealer and my parts list and stuff.

Alex

my brother has an 88 longbed pioneer with decals.

perhaps the decals were an option? them or the badge? he doesn't have a pioneer badge...

that is what it was. you could get the decals or the badges, or both for the extra cash. but most just got one or the other. or this is what i learned from the dealer and my parts list and stuff.

Alex

Another good question about what Jeep did in the late 80's :roll:

I have a '88 lwb Pioneer, with the decals, No badge on the front fender, As I posted in the picture. But I have the original window sticker for this truck (never know what you'll find in the glove box from the PO) But it is over in the shop, not here, So, I'll look it up and see what the "Order" sheet states. It also has all of the extras posted on the sheet, Bucket seats, vent windows, ect. with the additional cost.

i still love how this went from pioneer decals to debating the existence of an 88 eliminator, or any eliminator before 90 for that matter.

Alex

And since when don't we drift off of Subject here ;)

My MJ doesnt have the badge's, just the decals. I want to replace the decals when I do a repaint. There old school but I like the looks of them and keeping the truck like it was orginally (at least the paint scheme). I'd be happy to find some NOS decals too, not sure where to look though.

My MJ doesnt have the badge's, just the decals. I want to replace the decals when I do a repaint. There old school but I like the looks of them and keeping the truck like it was orginally (at least the paint scheme). I'd be happy to find some NOS decals too, not sure where to look though.

yeahthat.gif :agree:

That's why I started to find a replacement for the decals. You see MJ's for sale, with out the decals, and the first thing I'm thinking, is it's been repainted.

Back to the parts list, 87-90 listings, The name plate were offered 87-89, the decals were '88-89, scan below-

10005149_1024.ts1177061959000.jpg

The next scan is the Invoice to dealer (window sticker) that was in the GB for the '88 Pioneer. All that is listed is the "Pioneer Package" what this means??? any one's guest, But the side decals are on the truck, holding the rusted out panels togetter :roll: Kind of neat what options and prices came with the truck.

10004996_1024.ts1177060054000.jpg

Funny that what the options costed new, are now what we'er paying on eBay for used parts :roll:

Well, let's see what Spencer can do to re-create the side decals. I got time for this, Body work on this truck is a couple months away.

Eagle - if you need, want a copy of this CD on the Jeep Parts manual 1981-1993 to help preserve the MJ, drop me a note. ;)

Wildman - your parts list is on a cd? i have the real one that is a booklet that came from AMC. mine lists the decals and badges for all years pioneer. but as we know, you only got one or the other.

wonder why the difference in parts lists?

Alex

Alex - that page from the CD only show decals for 88-90, and the page for the badge listed 87-89, I don't want to post 30 pages just on the decals.

The window sticker shows a "Pioneer Package" $767 See what your booklet from AMC saids for this. I don't think that the decals would cost this much :eek:

I don't think "you only got" one or the other, there had to be a specific line to order the decals or the badge. Or a package. The way I read this is that the decals were avalable only 88-90. I did not check the 91-93 section.

I am sure that the parts list is compiled lists from all of the AMC stuff, three sections, 81-86, 87-90 and 91-93 and about 2,300 pages.

I'd be instrested in see what came with the package for $767 All of the other options make sense.

{ Pictures and mesurments for a Sportruck decal were included with the Pioneer decal stuff} had both samples, so why not.

• 1 month later...

HEY WILDMAN, WORK is slow, I think I have some time to do this! It would be so much easier if I had the decals... This stuff is hard to get right without seeing something.. THANKS

[Pioneer decals - I was working on that today, I got a sample decal to ship up to Spencer, along with the measurments and some pictures.]

Spence - Yea......I got busy with jobs after this posted, and I put off shipping the decal to you.......I have a slow week here, So I'll get this package out to you this week ;)

I'm thinking you would have 3-4 pioneer decals sets right at the start, count me in for 2 sets ;)

And check over on Tech, I think you have someone looking for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have a friend who has a friend that does this stuff........ So, I made a trace of the decals and he scanned it in, looks like he can do it. I said make a few sets. Not to step on toes if someone is on this board and making them. But I wasnt sure and want a set, soon. Anyhow, if someone wants a set, let me know and I will see what I can do. I have no idea on price or quantity yet, I will keep everyone interested posted. :cheers: