My MJ, Fiona .. Slow Build

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the front of my MJ lifted this weekend. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EmWWNkzXVFpPVsvhyHtrt83s1H9XU1m8Ag/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sIMZOejpCC5o1q6RyPBXzD6JV09U-CiJXQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-e8jy-z8mNeKPrRJkE37x_ck-Pm_FDrCNw/view?usp=sharing

RE XJ coils (PN unknown), that have been cut down some. 

Synergy Suspension track bar mount and brace/Unknown adjustable TB with FK heim/Synergy mis spacers.

RK adjustable UCA/Stock LCA for meow. 

My old IM4x4Fab tie rod 

JKUR Shocks/homebrew BPE's

Straightened out the hard brake line for more travel. Will be install some SS braided lines when they arrive. 

I initially kept the stock tie rod, but it it ended up being in bad shape. Had the craziest DW I have ever personally experienced. Every time I would come back home and check toe after a test drive it was off. I made sure that the adjusters were tight, but I should have just gone with my instinct to swap my HD tie rod to begin with.  

Anyways, after it is all said and done, it drives good now. Just like on my XJ, the front end feels more solid with the aftermarket TB mount/brace. The coil are on the stiffer side too, which is fine by me. 

Thanks! 

Looking good man!

Got some "free to me" longer shackles installed on my MJ. Thanks to the help of my friend Zac, and I gave him my stock MJ shackles. 
Once again, I didn't measure but figure a quick search or if someone knows what "stock-ish" height is supposed to be from hub to flare. 
Anyways, there is a noticeable difference. 

Got my Chinexican HL harness installed today. I must say, that it looks good for the price of about 15$ via ebay.

Not a great pic, but a pic of it on my floor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OAFy0QQzml1hEHNmQNwXrGQlaQMU95osnQ/view?usp=sharing

I like that it uses standard style relays. We will see how long these cheap ones work before they fail. But I have a small drawer-full of relays. 

Picked up (2) pair of LED cubes from amazon. Aside from dropping in price since I first heard about them, the seller (Prime ship and fullfilled by Amazon) had a 3$ discount for buying 2 or more sets together.

https://goo.gl/photos/P59ssg7YD7KN1igW8

That is just one set, but they feel good. I picked up a set of spots and a set of floods. My back-up lights do not function, probably a NSS issue or whatever, but figured some extra light out back is not a bad thing. One light would work fine in the rear. But I think I will run (1) of each type front and rear. Depending on how well these work, I may purchase another pair/set or something like it, to run as "work lights" of sorts in the bed area.

I have some LED strip lights that I want to setup under the rails of the bed for potential bed lighting. For "low-light" visibility for load/unload and camping. 

Purchased an ext slave AX15 setup. Has clutch, new MC/slave cyl, flywheel pedals, etc. 

Will be picking up next weekend. Hopefully will have the 4WD swap done sometime next month. 

Also, installed the lights in the front. They are nice, white and bright. Need more wire to run lights to the back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Placed an order for a DBO, Stubby recovery bumper w/ Receiver add-on. He has sales going for BF, and I had a gift cert I got at a Naxja event last year. So, figured it was a good time to use it. Hopefully that will arrive and be installed by around Xmas time. 

Ordered these H4 conversion housings, along with some Hella 100/80 bulbs.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WCOG5A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I figured I would give them a shot for the price, I figure if they suck I can return them to amazon.

Also, ordered a set of the RE 9900 CAD-brackets from a seller on Amazon for LESS than the RC kit!

Hopefuly I will be riding in better comfort soon.

I received the items mentioned in above post already! Super stoked about that.

So, hopefully, project time this weekend.

I could probably do the headlight swap after work, but it's DARK when I get home currently. So, I will wait until I have daylight and time to sort things out if there is a glitch. I want to do LCA and CAD bracket swap first though. Overall I like how it steers and no bumpsteer, but better ride with proper-ish control arm angles is what I want.

• 1 month later...

Not too much to update. On my days off it has been raining, and was spending most of my off time with family. My sister and her husband left for Japan again last week.

Received my DBO stubby recovery bumper just after new years. My friend is going to paint it for me. I want to upgrade the steering box spacer at the same time I install the bumper.
Hopefully in the next couple weeks I will install my adjustable LCA's and CAD brackets.

Also, still need to install my new H4 housings/bulbs, and "reverse lights"

No pictures yet. But I got my RE CAD brackets/ adjustable lowers installed yesterday. The arm angle looks good. The lowers have a bend in them, but doesn't hang too low. Not planning on rock crawling anyways. Should work well in the sand. I'm guessing that I will be looking for better shocks soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Not much to update.

I enjoy DD'ing my MJ. Still 2WD, since trans went out in my XJ. Priorities.. Anyways my gf and some friend enjoy pumpkin carving. Didn't know what to create so I found this template online. I just looked at the pic and winged it.

84642352853e28e0e3a16e5fccba17fd.jpg

• 1 month later...

Picked up this 01 5.3 vortec for a very good price. Looking at trans options. I'd like to keep my MJ as a manual trans truck. There's a couple of 4l60e's in the back of the shop. If I can't find a manual trans for a reasonable price, I will probably do this swap in my XJ. 1a2fc4fa9cf8472fdffc88ab16a5a939.jpg

Picked up this 01 5.3 vortec for a very good price. Looking at trans options. I'd like to keep my MJ as a manual trans truck. There's a couple of 4l60e's in the back of the shop. If I can't find a manual trans for a reasonable price, I will probably do this swap in my XJ. 1a2fc4fa9cf8472fdffc88ab16a5a939.jpg

You can get an adapter for the AX15. Supposedly it can handle a mild V8 build.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Update:

Bought a 4WD AX-15, should be sometime next week.

Installed H4 housings and hella 80/100 bulbs.

Re-installed my led cube "fog lights", found a stock apparatus with fog switch so I wired them to that.

Buying a matching pair of tires to replace the worn ones I have up front.

I currently work (6) 10's per week, but hoping to have my WJ D30 prepped to install in the next couple of weeks.

Thinking about purchasing the IM4x4 chromoly WJ steering.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up 2 sets of these from the memeber at CF that cruiser recommended. 14a7466af9ce005ec866beedb1d54fe3.jpg

a854709d4305f8044a573c9c57282ba9.jpg

I'll probably toss a set in my XJ first and see how they work in comparison to the 703's

I have the Ford 5.0 injectors in my MJ currently which do well. I average 18.5 mpg in my daily commute when driving my MJ.

I get 29 in my hooptie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Not much has happened with the MJ, til more recent. Have a lot of things going on in life.
Been dding her sinc e my dd is down.
Last week, I installed Scarfab hitch. Saturday should be paint.
Still 2wd, and some quirks to work out.

Going to be spraying primer with a gun, and then rattle can "Khaki camo".
Also, going to adjust the door latches so they close correctly.

That is all for now. e67c11abcee4b3e48547620609a042c3.jpgc31c3aa72dd8c8f8df21025a4dfbca49.jpg