its STILL alive!!!

Oizarod115

my brother's XJ rolled down a hill yesterday... note, ROLLED. not he rolled it. it rolled.

put his jeep in park on a rutted out hill (had been pulling his GF's truck up the hill and let her loose and stopped for a moment) puts it in park, hops out... started rolling down the hill, he tried to jump in it, missed, fell, fell UNDER the rolling jeep, into a rut and it flipped over him without touching him.

he got a nice scare and the jeep landed quite nicely and avoided demolishing his GFs 05 ranger by about 2"

noone was hurt, just alot of misplaced tools, one radiator (our third one this year between my jeep and his.not including the 2 they started with so our 5th.) and a completely shattered windshield and some reallly sexy bodydamage.

KNock the glass out, add a cage.. and call it good. Glad to see everyone walked away. This is another prime example why you need to have good e-brakes on your rig.

i can't beleive it slipped out, 4lo and all.

:dunno: shtuff happens i guess.

it looks completely BA and only costed 350$ for the rad. and windshield

his old shop he went to for years with his volvo is putting it in today, said they would put one in it today no matter what, so hopefully ill get more pics post roll-over today.

KNock the glass out, add a cage.. and call it good. Glad to see everyone walked away. This is another prime example why you need to have good e-brakes on your rig.

i can't beleive it slipped out, 4lo and all.

:dunno: shtuff happens i guess.

it looks completely BA and only costed 350$ for the rad. and windshield

his old shop he went to for years with his volvo is putting it in today, said they would put one in it today no matter what, so hopefully ill get more pics post roll-over today.

the parking pawl in an auto is really a lot weaker than you might think, and the way it's designed it can slip under enough weight/force.

Always set your e-brake on an incline.

I've even contemplated a pinion type brake when I change out the 231, just so I can have something I KNOW won't let go.

they got a windshield in it today, we straightened that bend out of the window frame by putting a floorjack on a peice of wood level in the floor and jacking another peice of wood up to keep the frame even.

they got one in it

they got a windshield in it today, we straightened that bend out of the window frame by putting a floorjack on a peice of wood level in the floor and jacking another peice of wood up to keep the frame even.

they got one in it

I'm actually shocked!

yeah, picked it up from the shop today, cost a little more than your average windshield install but that's to be expected.

got pics, as you can see there is no trim around the glass and they said not to fill it in AT ALL because with the messed up window frame and all its going to need to flex and may bust easily if the space around is filled in.

pressure washed the hell out of the jeep today, only water leaks were the old ones from the door vent windows and such.

jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

ill edit with pics in a minute.

PICS!

honestly, the only thing we did was bend the hood so it would close without hitting the fanshroud, and pop out the roof

and shimmed the drivers door catch a little more, it doesnt want to close (but shoot, my MJs door does the same thing and it's barely been wrecked)

the door got ran into the ground earlier that day though, so alot of its problems are from that.

EDIT: there's no pics of the back hatch, the fiberglass is cracked in 3 places visibly, and doesn't like to shut, modified the roof back there a bit in the roll too. :roll:

in that pic you can really see how effed up the roof is,

and also how awesome JCR bumpers are. not a single cracked light. jamminz.gif

the windshield actually looks like balls becuase we can't put trim on it anymore for the risk of bodyflex pressure cracks and such. and it seems to be letting air in at high speeds on the drivers side, so the plan is lotsa RTV wherever it leaks