Say it isnt so....oh my eyes burn!

kazzx

So i call on this add in the paper for a Comanche for 200.00. I was thinking man...what a deal. I tell the guy to snap a couple pics for me.

Not so bad, looks funny though. On a hill? Wierd...Scroll down.

Image Not Found

Ahhhhhaahahahh...my eyes. What the he||! Said he turned the bed into a "Jeep Trailer". Why would you do that?

Image Not Found

is it just a cab or does it have an engine and everything still in it?

Alex

Just a cab. No engine(was a 350 he said), no tranny , or xfer case.

and he wants 200 for that?! man if i was closer id offer him 100 and then have me some better panels for my MJ.

and i bet Eagle hasn't said anything yet because hes still recovering from his heart attack when he opened this up.

it is hard to look at but I'm also in awe of how rust free it is.

you decide if ur gonna buy it yet? lol. :cheers:

Alex

Yeah, I'd figure on the sight thing with it planted in one's face.

i loved em on my 86, the stupid bar wasnt in the way plus with them being bigger it was easier to see stuff. i was going to put some on my 91 but decided to switch to newer doors since they are messed up anyways.

Alex

Fortunately, pictures load so slowly on my dial-up connection that I got the word before I saw the pics. He's not the first -- there's a used car dealer in Rhode Island who has a trailer made the same way -- chopped the entire box and frame off an MJ, welded on a Y-shaped front frame, and it's a really nice trailer. He bought it from someone else, so I didn't have to kill him. Although, come to think of it, he agreed on a price to sell it to me and then backed out on the deal, so his days may have to be numbered after all ...

FWIW, the thing in these pictures has an aftermarket split slider rear window. I'm not sure if that side mirror is OEM or not -- I don't recall ever seeing one in black, but they may have existed.

haha. ohhh eagle.

that is pretty heinous a thing to do. actually, not as much heinous as it is dumb as hell. he lost himself a lot of money doing that. he cuold've taken it off correctly, built a frame and sold the rolling chassis for alot more than 200 bones.

I WANT!

It's alreayd @#$% so it's not like everything I'm going to do to it won't make things any worse.

And I don't much compares to you "frame repair", which from what I understand was more of a replacement.

Is anyone actually gonna buy this thing? It'll only take half a spot in the garage...

I have a half cab like that as well minus a front axle and some front end sheetmetal. The guy I got it from did the same thing cut right behind the cab for a trailer. I was like what the *&%$. So I took it and now need the garage space. If anyone wants it $50 and you haul it off. I just want the thing gone.