hp boost

What tires/gears ya got now? Depending on what is under the truck now, I would find a cheap pair of junkyard axles with better gears. :D

Pete is correct. PROPER GEARING is the single best thing you can do. I realize there is nothing gained in the "look at what I did" catagory.

Trust us, you will get the BEST bang for your buck by re-gearing.

CW

200 bucks, that's a hard one. Since you opened up the exhaust you could gut the cat but think about it first becouse of state emmisions tests ect... and don't tell anyone I told ya either. Also, open up the air intake by a KN air filter if one is available or something similar. Tune it up and get that TPS set up for better wheel spin. A properly working h02 sending unit helps some too! well that's about all I can think of for around 200.

it is a stock pioneer d35 (2wd) i don't know the gearing any help

and i would like posi if able

did the 4wd have a posi in the rear?

Posi was an option so you'll have to check. What engine is it? Auto or manual trans? What size tires do you have?

the axle will fit and bolt it. but the gearing can be different depending on the options. you probably have 3.55 gears stock, some came with 4.10 gears and 4.56 gears stock but the axles can be hard to come by.

i would personally save money and do a ford 8.8 axle swap. most came with disc brakes and a lot came with 4.10 gears. and they are strong axles and alot of them came with posi.

4.10s on stock tires would be just rediculous.

mums 4.0L 2wd w/3.55s and 28"s revvs at a lil over 2000 to go 60... i would hate to run 4.10s

3.73 would be a nice center of the road gear. plenty of power without annoying top end.

i want lower gears and posi for a better launch when i drag/"street"race i spend more time city driving than highway

as of now i hang with most v8's up to about 75mph then i stop cause i don't need that big of a speeding ticket :papers: i got enough as is hehehe but i want a harder lanuch i got plenty power you all know that but not so good gears 4.10 would be good but i would need posi cause of the wheel spin i all ready got is bad enough. When you spin it is hard to win. It is a little thing i say about all racing.

dumping the clutch is commonly accepted as 'rough' on the D35... and with a posi (which it's not worth the money spent on a D35) its soon to blow as the shock has to go somewhere.

i know of one club member who spun the pumpkin on the axletubes, wrapped it right around... behind a 2.5L

Not trying to be a jerk or anything like that, so please take this constructively.

Give the truck a good tuneup. Replace the spark plugs, replace the wires, put a fresh air filter in it. Then spend some time with the truck, establish a solid baseline of data for it. Check your tire pressure, be sure it is at spec. Look at the tires carefully. Are they in good alignment? Do they show unusual wear patterns.

These are the basic things to look for. Then get a good stopwatch, go to a good stretch of road with your car warmed up and take a notebook with a pen along. Buy a thermometer to take the temperature of the air.

Now do your performance tests, say 0 to 60. Record your results with the air temperature and the time of the day. Next, loosen your fan belt a little. Then repeat the exact same test a couple of times. Record the results. I will bet this made a measurable difference in the cars performance.

In fact you might want to do this test before your replace the plugs and wires, just to see how much of a difference good plugs, wires and a new air filter make.

I am willing to bet this will be the best $200 performance gain you ever get. Give it a try and report back.

John Jackson