Gun Fever

SW86

wow. it seems like none of you guys are touched by the assault rifle fever going around. its insane around here in all gun shops. hell I'm even looking to buy but since i waited too long because i was debating on buying another MJ, I'm now in the same boat with all those people rushing.. should of just bought mine a month ago :wall:

Because people who don't know any better (and even less about guns) see rifles that are shaped like "that" on (insert any action TV show name here) and clearly they are ALL full automatic machine guns if they look like "that".

Truth be told, I was actually thinking about selling my AK a month or so ago...and certainly prior to the mad rush at the gun shops...instead I bought a dozen 40 round mags and another 1000 rounds to go into the safe....nuff said.

thats really what i went out looking for was ammo and mags. i think those went quicker then the guns. also you need to get accessories for your guns. stocks, pistol grips, etc etc. those are the things they are going to ban us from having. under clintons gun ban, we could still have the guns, just not high round mags or any sorts of upgrades.

hell the bushmaster and sig sauer sell at walmart for around 800-1k. i thought they took them off the shelves but somebody i know just bought a sig there last night. soooo yeah.

i like sigs myself. just going to grab a simple m400 when i can.

Just missed a new in the box m-p 15 smith on a local classified for $700.00 he was going to meet in the morning the he emailed and said he sold it tonight. Bastard! A local shop had a Oracle for $650.00 late today must have been used I was trying to find one without the paper trail. Guy has a mini 14 for $575.00 hes about 3 hours away and in the snow belt where there calling for 12" in the next 2 days to far to drive in bad weather. Might just run around local saturday and see whats out there and get some ammo. I checked gunbroker and 223 ammo and its selling for around $1.00 a round yes selling cases of 1000 one after another.

i say get them while you can cause the are trying to close the gun shows down

gun show tomorrow for me! :banana: just hope prices arent sky high there but I'm thinking they'll be inflated :eek:

and i think they are just trying to close the gun show loophole on background checks.

I bought mine at a gun show after Obama's re-election. It's an Armalite. I got it partly, because it and the Beretta are what I carried in the Army. They're second nature to me and I can disassemble and reassemble and do functions checks with them in my sleep. The AR is more of an investment, they usually won't lose value thanks to the great fear of an impending gun ban, these guns are extremely overpriced right now. For example, the army buys it's Colts for about $400 each, but they're upwards of $1,500 on the civilian market. At the last gun show, the bottom dollar for an AR variant was around $850-900 and skyward from there.

P.S. Glad you like it Backdraft! :thumbsup:

i bought my ar about two years ago got it used for about 600 its a bushmaster 16.5 barrel and solid stock for all the research ive done on it i can't find one that came from factory like this one so the dude before me custom made it weird. solid stock heavy barrel muzzle break kinda looks like a ak one and non removable carry handle. realy nice gun tho can hit a regular target at 300 meters from bench. proves you don't need any fancy sight and lazers and grips and sh*t to have a decent rifle

I hear you. Its our right to own a gun. The government should not have the right to monitor every single gun sold and to whom. It's not illegal or unethical in my opinion to buy or trade for a gun from an Individual. However usually when you buy a new gun (maybe its just pistols) there is an envelope with a fired cartridge. The manufacturers keep these fired rounds on record, so way if a crime is committed and the bullet is recovered, then law enforcement can trace that bullet back to the weapon and hopefully find the original owner and track down subsequent owners. I don't agree with the govt tracking who owns a gun but I agree with this to assist law enforcement.

So, if I ever decide to rob a bank, then I simply won't use one of my newly purchased guns. As if I'd do such a thing... :brows: :D