factory upgrades

Maveric

yeah, the pictures are of nice things, like the tailgate and the symbols, stuff like that... too bad i can't hot link them...oh well, if ya can see them congrats if not....don't know what to tell ya.

anyway that darkish blue gray paint is mine, now if i can find someone to paint it the same...any suggestions? and any idea how i can get the factory bed light assembly hooked up? that is if i find one in the yard (hah)

where could i get the vinyl replacement for the other side? and no one has made any comments on where to get that painted the same...and how rare is that paint? anyone know the AMC/Crysler paint chip code thingy?

...the picture of the factory winch bumper in the owners manual shows a stock bumper with a slot cut in it and it is spaced out from the grill about its own depth. aparently there was some sort of space filler / extended bumper mounts between the bumper and body along with the winch mounts....I'll find the manual and scan a pic of it. I do have the Butt Ugly factory Brush Guard and the factory plastic bedliner along with a dealer installed Dodge Dakota cab fairing with fog lights...

http://images22.fotki.com/v518/fileInH9 ... leted8.jpg

SgtRockcompleted8.jpg

who wouldn't want that bumper? why wasn't it more popular? did they charge a fortune? and why did they replace comanche's with that stupid and over priced dakota?

here's to the hidden winch bumper, and the true truck of all time, the comanche. :cheers:

It's easy to be a truck, it's hard to be a Jeep comanche.gif

I've got (what I just found out to be) a piece of the factory towbar bracket from an XJ mounted on mine....got it out of the 'yard for $3 or so. It attaches at the towhook bolts, and basically acts as a frame stiffener for the front of the framehorns. The receivers at either end are where the towbar would have attached.

Image Not Found

you know that bumper doesn't actually look duckbillish it actually makes the car look more like Jay Leno...thats my opinion anyway.

I'm also guessing the license plate hung above that hole? although it would look pretty interesting to hang over the hole...