New jeeper here

hello all i just bought my first jeep, ive liked them a long time had a bunch of friends with Cjs and Xjs so i bought me a Mj. anywho my jeep seems to be lifted some but since ive only seen 1 around town i really have nothing to compare it too. it has 30x9.5x15s on it and that is the only real change i can see, since I'm not too used to these trucks..thanks for the help yall.

i only have a few pics of it... right now.

2215063_1_full.jpg

2215063_3_full.jpg

2215063_4_full.jpg

welcome....

what mod do you plan to do first?

...BOB

For the time being it will stay pretty much stock, you can barely see it but in the third pic you can see the back of my 79 Camaro Z28. I blew the motor in it bought another car, and that broke, so i took my "motor fund" and bought the jeep; since i knew it would last forever, as i have a friend with a 90 cherokee with 270,000miles. When the Camaro is alive once more. I will convert it to 4wd and maybe a small lift 3 or 4 inch and some body armor just b/c I think that stuff looks cool. :-D Nothing too extreme as I think one money pit, camaro, is more than enough. :)

Congrats and welcome. Any chance that that is an Olympic edition?

It has the olympic rings above the Comanche emblem you can barely see it in the pics, but I didnt realize there was an olympic edition

.....as I think one money pit, camaro, is more than enough. :)

:roll:

You're in for a surprise....

don't worry, you won't feel a thing. The urge to dump copious amounts of $$$ on the MJ will overcome you....you'll be powerless to stop or control it in any way.

Nice, clean looking truck you got there!

Jeff

OOOOO..... :twisted: a somewhat rare, and in good condition MJ. :D Turn it into a trail rig :shock: and make a truggy out of it :D

Seriously, nice looking MJ. Treat it well and it will do the same to you. BTW, dumping copious amounts of money into a jeep is very common problem among owners. My current build-up bill is in excess of 4 grand right now :shock: and I already had a pretty good wheeler.

Patrick

Welcome

You will find that folks on this site are cool

Nice looking truck, in the spring start rust proofing

Get some POR15 and paint under the rear fenders and the frame and take up the carpet and do the floor

That way it will last forever other wise they can rust apart "literally"

The unibody rails can still rust from the inside out. If you live in a salty area it's not a bad idea to flush them out by putting a hose to the access holes (or whatever the heck those things are supposed to be).

But, that's not something to be too worried about. I've only seen a couple cherokees that got scary because of that.

Oh, and Welcome!

re: the frame rails.

A friend of mine came over with a garden sprayer and wanted to attack my MJ. Apparently he's been spraying ATF inside his rockers and frame rails for years. fall and spring he does it. Says he's yet to have a car/truck rust out. Something to think about, didn't take but a few minutes with a sprayer. I imagine it does help, just by coating any metal that's already exposed.

its already hard to not spend money on it, i made the misstake and ordered some catalogs and now i can't stop thinking of all the stuff i want to do. but ive been a camaro nut since i was about 5 so its still getting all the cash for now. at least i know i will never have spending money :).

the only thing wrong with it now is my wipers stoped working last night, they just up and quit no working poorly just kinda stoped, i dunno whats up with em.

this area isnt really salty and its dry more than wet so rust isnt a real big problem around here, hell my camaro has solid floors with the factory undercoat and paint still on the inside and its quite old. the control arms are barely surface rusted, can't say as much for the jeep tho, but the only real rust i found is that gawdy bumper that hit something some time and the bolts in the track bar were pretty stuck on, i had to replace it b/c the ball fell out of the bar i dunno how it was like that when i bought it.

overall i love the thing, its fun to drive has the best heater in the world and it only cost me $850, with all 197,000 break in miles completed.