Jcr Rear Bumper

Backdraft

Well, I decided I was going to sleep in this morning and woke up at 7 anyway. Thats sleeping in right? I realized it was black Friday and promptly placed my order to JCR Offroad for their MJ DIY rear bumper. Now it's just a waiting game before it shows up at my door. I'm actually a bit excited about it getting here. Anyone else planning to order one?

I had planned to but ended up holding off for now. They actually went on sale at 11:30 last night. It is an ok deal but add the receiver and you are at almost $200 plus shipping and now it needs to be bent up then welded together. I don't think my little 110v welder is up to the task so I would have to pay someone to weld it up. I am guessing all said and done I could have one made locally for less money.

With that said it is a nice bumper. It would be nice if they also offered it complete as well as in the DIY kit.

I was about to place my order, then read the build/install directions. Didn't realize you had to bend the material as well. With no access to a brake or press, paying somebody to do it would send the cost of the bumper sky-high.

How much did the shipping run you, Mike?

I was about to place my order, then read the build/install directions. Didn't realize you had to bend the material as well. With no access to a brake or press, paying somebody to do it would send the cost of the bumper sky-high.

How much did the shipping run you, Mike?

As I understand the bendable sections are precut so they can be bent by setting it over the edge of a flat surface and pressing downwards with little pressure. That is what it looks like in the pictures as well.

Shipping was a flat rate $45 for me.

As I understand the bendable sections are precut so they can be bent by setting it over the edge of a flat surface and pressing downwards with little pressure. That is what it looks like in the pictures as well.

Shipping was a flat rate $45 for me.

Exactly what Alexia said. The bends are precut and can be bent by hand by clamping it to a table and pushing the angles in. The shipping for me was also $45. I have someone that's going to do the welding for me for a bottle on Scotch since my welds look horrific. After that, it should be about $125 for powder coating. Its still way cheaper than that obnoxiously expensive bumper I tried to get last year.

I'll add,

that I bought a knocked down Iron Scorpion front bumper kit like this (no longer available) to build my rear MJ bumper around;

Product%20Advertisement%20Collage3.jpg

Great option for a home build without a metal brake.

You fold it in a vice,

and weld closed the seems.

A little labor intense

but a great option.

If the JCR kit was available then,

I would have jumped on it.

I'm considering one for my DD 2wd MJ (Grandpa-Jeep)