Bought A 2000 Xj Today For Comanche Upgrades

ya, prepare for some serious mutilation of your fire wall, and when your done make sure to do a super thorough writeup (LOTS of pictures) so the rest of us can follow suite :thumbsup:

Firewall? I do not plan to swap in the engine or dash. Only exterior cosmetics, center console, carpet, and oh yes the windshield.

Oh, my bad :oops: , every time i hear about someone doing a 97 swap all i can think about is how much firewall manipulation is needed. BUT for the doors the only thing that is different is the door strikes, these will have to be modified. can't say much about the rest.

The Firewall does not need much modification.... A few brackets get cut off and a few new ones get welded on, a few holes get drilled and some slight trimming around the Steering column otherwise it is fairly simple...

New front end is now on. The swap was pretty much a breeze. I took the old front end back off the Comanche and put it on the 2000 XJ. Since the XJ is a running driving 4x4 XJ. Doors I have not tackled yet. Still trying to decide on what I want to do. My preference would me a set of non power doors. But I just don't ever see any 1997 and up XJ's without out power doors.