For sale 88 Comanche.

Rear shock mounts

Awesome Rig.  Hopefully mine will turn out as well in 5-20 yrs when I finish it :shake:

I'm curious to find out why you didn't mount the rear shocks out a bit further towards the the ends of the axle for more stability?  It looks like you had room in the bed and on the axle.  Don't take that as criticism..... I'm just trying to learn more as I go along, and from what I've read thus far wider apart is better.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rear shock mounts

Awesome Rig. Hopefully mine will turn out as well in 5-20 yrs when I finish it :shake:

I'm curious to find out why you didn't mount the rear shocks out a bit further towards the the ends of the axle for more stability? It looks like you had room in the bed and on the axle. Don't take that as criticism..... I'm just trying to learn more as I go along, and from what I've read thus far wider apart is better.

Frame.. When the tire is stuffed it touches the frame.. No room between to run the coil over.. So it was put just on the inside of the frame rail...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I caught my jaw dropping, and drool forming as I read through your build... So friggen sick!!!! Also, what do you do for a living? I think its pretty clear I need to quit my job and do what you do! You definitely have wicked awesome fabrication skills! Keep up the good work, this is a cool thread to read!

Why are you running your rear coilovers so far inboard? Just killing your stability.

Also, if your still overheating maybe consider building yourself some alum. shrouds for those red fans.

SIck Rig.

• 3 weeks later...

Great meeting you this weekend Jason. That is one burly rig you have there. Sorry I didn't meet up with you for the night run, by the time it got dark I had one to many Vodka/7's to be out on a trail!.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking good Jason. You should think about bringing it out to No Roads Required at Portland International Raceway on Sept 14th. It has become a pretty big and great event. I know Seth and I will both have our MJ's there along with my new XJ probably. Should be a great time. PM me if you want. Can't wait to see this thing again, enjoyed checking it out at Liberty...but I think its time to plan a run together..

Looking good Jason. You should think about bringing it out to No Roads Required at Portland International Raceway on Sept 14th. It has become a pretty big and great event. I know Seth and I will both have our MJ's there along with my new XJ probably. Should be a great time. PM me if you want. Can't wait to see this thing again, enjoyed checking it out at Liberty...but I think its time to plan a run together..

What's the info on the event.. Closed course? Trail runs..?

You on pnwjeep? Meet and greet is coming up, sept 7. Get on there and get the info.

What's the info on the event.. Closed course? Trail runs..?

You on pnwjeep? Meet and greet is coming up, sept 7. Get on there and get the info.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/23468-don't-fear-the-jeeper/page-3

Its more of a show, but not just pretty Jeeps and Yota's. I think they will have a ramp, and they have awards and a big raffle. Last year they also had a DYNO, but not sure if they will since there moving to the bigger venue this year. Its actually about 4 years old and getting bigger each year quickly.

I am not in PNWJEEP but will check there site out for the info.

Got a couple questions and about LED bars. I am in the market for buying LED light bars are the seward light as durable as the rigid light bars? Are they as quality built and tough as rigid? and the biggest question is are they as Bright as rigid? I'm wonder which you like better? looking on getting a 50" and 20" light bar.  :help:  :dunno:

Got a couple questions and about LED bars. I am in the market for buying LED light bars are the seward light as durable as the rigid light bars? Are they as quality built and tough as rigid? and the biggest question is are they as Bright as rigid? I'm wonder which you like better? looking on getting a 50" and 20" light bar. :help: :dunno:

I've got 8 Seward offroad 2x2's under my rig.. And as far as I can tell they are identical in every way but the sewards are definitely brighter..

My cousin has the exact same bars that I do, on the exact same locations on his Toyota, but he purchased the sewards and I've got the rigids, his rig is noticeably brighter.. They're both great lights, the rigids and sewards, but for a 1/3 the price for the same product with the same warranty, il never buy rigid again Seward for me dude..