Project 4Banger

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on guys

Just an update I put the heavy duty headlight wire harness from eautoworks.com pics of the install

Also changed all my tie rod ends on the truck and the draglink and steering stabilizer couldn't get the truck bar off but I might return the one I have and buy an aftermarket adjustable one due to the fact I might be doing Alexia's 5.5in lift with in the next few months

Also did my rear tail lamps may have to do them again they look good in pics but doesn't look right in person

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man appreciate I've done some work buys its been a year and almost 5 months and still doesn't feel like I haven't done much....

Another update guys picked up some factory tow points and a skid plate and a brush guard I doubt it's factory but it needs work and picked up an aluminum valve cover

No need to be sorry that's why I'm stuck in between those two colors...I used to daily drive a 99 black gmc Sonoma and I always kept it clean I always had gotten compliments on it even had guys ask if I wanted to sell it...I'm leaning more to the white because its the factory color and I know I'd keep on top of cleaning it...here's a pic of my gmc...hope the pics looks good I'm really hating how my pics are coming out so small lately

Yeah I mean I've gone mudding and I want to enjoy the truck while I don't have it painted....I don't plan to go mudding right after I paint it because there wouldn't be a point to painting it....ill wait a few months after the paint settles in then I go and have fun. My friends tell me to do a rattle can job but I wouldn't feel right if I had to retouch it every time it decides to fade off

oh no man, my paint job is rattled on, and i have no problems with it, hit mud pits all the time, and i use a power washer to clean her off, and never had an issue with paint, you do it good and youll be good, haha, not to mention much cheaper, much much much much cheaper, but that is if you can do it good... my buds and me have been doing it for years, thinking about starting to see if people want us to do it, and have them pay us haha, but yeah rattle can jobs are fine if done right. 

also the reason i asked about muddin, do you want the mud to show well after you go or mainly hide... the white will show it and be like bragging rights, while the green will actually hide alot of it and not make it seem as dirty, same goes with most darker colors, especially blue for some reason, mud on darker blues is like a 3 on a scale of 1-10 while mud on a green would be about a 5-6, and white would be a 10. i personally like my mud to show, its fun to me and i really like it, but thats me

I'd love to show mud since I live in miami people look at me crazy that I have mud on my truck... But they don't remember or realize miami is the Everglades this place is full of mud and water. Every time I have mud a lot of the guys in wranglers look at me like where did he get the mud from...lol I love the

hahaha thats awesome, i live in GA and we usually have some good mud, but mostly good ole fashion GA red clay, fun as heck, but difficult to tame, and even harder to clean out. But soooooooooooo worth it, if you can tame the clay pit near my house then you have brag rights for a year or so haha. right now its been so dang dry aint nothing for mud round here, which is good cause my suspension is disassembled at the moment. 

awesome man, me and my buds would have way way WAY to much fun there. haha, but yeah I'm ordering my lift at lunch today, only a 3 inch but i mean for only 265$ its unreal, all other 3 inch i find are min 340$... and 4.5 is around 480$ up. and 480$ is a crap one without all the other stuff you need, so I'm getting the 3" for now, and will upgrade after boot camp. what all you needing to get still?

I need to get the fixed lower control arms planning to get control arm drop brackets and stainless steel extended brake lines and maybe get some 4.5inch coils

Get old 79 ish Tbird coils, theyll ride pretty good, a little stiffer spring rate not bad though and they net at about 4.5. I'm running them on my XJ

Jeepmarine I have read good and bad on the control arm drop brackets but with the right amount of lift saying that minimum is 4.5 inches of lift and also gets similar amount of flex with short arms and CDB than long arms but have a bad approach angle or bottom out angle compared to long arms

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic